G sensor issue with SG9665GC

Leo1952

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Street Guardian - SG9665GC and SG9665GCV3
I tried looking for another thread with this issue to avoid duplication, but didn't find one.

I have been using my Street Guardian dashcam for about 18 months and I really like it. I rarely pull the card and check out files with Registrator viewer (no accidents luckily!) but I was having a GPS issue (unplugging and replugging cord seemed to fix it) so I brought the chip inside. Turns out several files were being Locked due to erroneous G sensor activations. (23 of 24 useable GB). When looking at random files, many of theme seem to hit .92 at a regular interval (like a heartbeat) with seemingly no connection to the real world. These files are then somehow in the locked folder (should .92 Gs even bee enough to set it off??). Other times it might record .05 and then just stop measuring Gs. I'll post a few screen shots. Otherwise the camera has performed very well and I just received a SG9665GCV3 for my wife's SUV today.

I have plenty of examples, but the one I picked shows the car in park (warming up). One hit could be attributed to scraping the ice, but not the other 2. It seems to be a fairly consistent G sensor activation of .91 or .92 every minute (one per minute). I have files going back to August 2016, every couple months, for no discernible reason. I tried to upload the video but it wouldn't let me.

Thanks in advance!
Leo

Attachments

• G Sensor hits.jpg
    G Sensor hits.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 10
  • G sensor hits2.jpg
    G sensor hits2.jpg
    381.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
I tried looking for another thread with this issue to avoid duplication, but didn't find one.

I have been using my Street Guardian dashcam for about 18 months and I really like it. I rarely pull the card and check out files with Registrator viewer (no accidents luckily!) but I was having a GPS issue (unplugging and replugging cord seemed to fix it) so I brought the chip inside. Turns out several files were being Locked due to erroneous G sensor activations. (23 of 24 useable GB). When looking at random files, many of theme seem to hit .92 at a regular interval (like a heartbeat) with seemingly no connection to the real world. These files are then somehow in the locked folder (should .92 Gs even bee enough to set it off??). Other times it might record .05 and then just stop measuring Gs. I'll post a few screen shots. Otherwise the camera has performed very well and I just received a SG9665GCV3 for my wife's SUV today.

I have plenty of examples, but the one I picked shows the car in park (warming up). One hit could be attributed to scraping the ice, but not the other 2. It seems to be a fairly consistent G sensor activation of .91 or .92 every minute (one per minute). I have files going back to August 2016, every couple months, for no discernible reason. I tried to upload the video but it wouldn't let me.

Thanks in advance!
Leo

the G-Sensor activity reported in Registrator Viewer is not the G-Sensor, there is no logging of G-Sensor data at all, Registrator Viewer does show something here but it's a problem with the software, unfortunately the developer of the program was killed in an accident so he never finished the implementation for our camera, something he was working on at the time

that aside though do update the firmware as you'd be on an old version and the handling of lock files was changed quite a while ago, good idea to format the card occasionally as well

Oops I thought this was a private message. Same answer though.

Jon, you need to start making your coffee like mine- so strong that it jumps out of the cup and slaps you awake :p

Phil

Tapatalk app notifications let you give a near instant reply if you tap to go right to it. My mind saw a PM icon for some reason. 100% Montezuma's Dark chocolate is my emergency wake up method when needed rather than coffee.

I've got a little ceramic plaque on my fridge which says: "Instant Human- Just Add Coffee" :ROFLMAO:

Phil

I really can't stand it when you people go out-of-subject.
I think you already understood that.. :rolleyes:
Please keep this subject to the point! The G point.

No! Wait! Err... .

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Gary D SG9665GC 5
Trick SG9665GC 3
Sky Blue SG9665GC 4
WestTx SG9665GC 10
A SG9665GC 13
Back