The cable support external MIC and charging

Great response to owners of the Git cameras to produce an adapter to allow an external mic. and charging cable, but are you producing a a short adapter to allow the Gitup mic. that has a USB?

Great response to owners of the Git cameras to produce an adapter to allow an external mic. and charging cable, but are you producing a a short adapter to allow the Gitup mic. that has a USB?
That's what we thought before, but currently no plan to release this version.

We developed a cable support external MIC and charging at same time, we'd like to offer some samples for testing.
It support stereo mic and mono mic.
And support Git1, Git2, Hero4.
If you want to get one, please send PM to me.

If you don't use external MIC while charging, please leave the chance to other users.

Please check the attached pic(the MIC is not included).
View attachment 29643

Hi,

I am interested in using the cable with my GitUp2, with a Sony ECM-CS3 microphone and a power bank for use on a motorcycle. I would be trying to share the microphone via a splitter with a Sena 20S bike to bike communication system. I would be happy to pay for one if you have any left.

Thanks,

Hi,

I am interested in using the cable with my GitUp2, with a Sony ECM-CS3 microphone and a power bank for use on a motorcycle. I would be trying to share the microphone via a splitter with a Sena 20S bike to bike communication system. I would be happy to pay for one if you have any left.

Thanks,
We noticed current version only support mono audio, we will list it on our website for user who use the mono external MIC.

We developed a cable support external MIC and charging at same time, we'd like to offer some samples for testing.
It support stereo mic and mono mic.
And support Git1, Git2, Hero4.
If you want to get one, please send PM to me.

If you don't use external MIC while charging, please leave the chance to other users.

Please check the attached pic(the MIC is not included).
View attachment 29643

Hi GitUp, wondering if these are still available? Message also sent. TY

Hi GitUp, wondering if these are still available? Message also sent. TY
PM replied.

We don't offer free samples now, will list on our official site soon.

I received the microphone/charging cable about a month ago for testing.
I had to wait to receive a mic with a 3.5mm male end from Aliexpress.
That mic actually came with a 3.5mm male, and an adapter with mini usb male, so mic can also be used on Git2 without the charging cable. Pretty cool.
I tested it by hooking USB male into a power bank, Git2P was mounted on the nose of my motorcycle, mic was taped near mouth inside helmet. Got home, no sound.
I found out that you must use the small adapter cable that comes with the test cable for it to work. Don't know why, but without that small cable, no sound.
I tested the whole thing again and it worked fine. Power bank kept the Git2P fully charged during a 2 hour ride. I use 5 minute files with 64gig sd card. Plenty of space at 1080/60 resolution.
The great thing about filming motorcycle rides, you have proof (if you make it home) of how many assholes in cars have tried to kill you on every trip. I plan to make a movie of greatest (almost) hits, if I live long enough. Only one tried to kill me today.

My first post...so newbie question...how do I PM a member?

I am on a few other forums and although I have done it in the past I can't for the life of me remember how to do it.....I would like to PM 'gitup' as above about purcahsing one of these cables if possible

Sorry for the basic question :)

Tom

@pubquiz click on "Inbox" in the upper right corner, then "start a new conversation"

It's great that you have a cable for this. Are there any plans for one that supports stereo microphones? I would love to be able to charge at the same time as I ride and vlog. I have a 12v plus 2 5v USB charger on my motorcycle.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

We do have a plan to make a stereo version.

I have been using this cable attached to Git2P on my motorcycle helmet. The plug that fits into camera needs to be changed to 90 degree plug. Current one sticks straight out and waves in the wind.

We do have a plan to make a stereo version.

This would be fantastic.

Can you let me know somehow if you start developing one? Or wish it to be tested? Or even just release it? I've purchased the mono one, and would really like to be able to maximize the use of my stereo mic if possible.

I ordered the cable on 24 January, it was shipped on 29 January, and it arrived on 10 February. With the cable connected, the Git2 charges but does not switch to the external microphone, an Edutige ETM-001. I have tried attaching the mic before and after powering on the camera both with and without the intermediate cable. I have confirmed that the mic works in another device. I submitted a support ticket through the Gitup site but received no confirmation that it was received.

@bjmsam No idea how to fix it, but in general the mic must be connected to the Git2 before recording starts, no matter if the cam is on or off.

I submitted a support ticket through the Gitup site but received no confirmation that it was received.

Chinese New Year holidays at the moment so don't be too concerned if you don't hear anything for another week or so at least

@bjmsam No idea how to fix it, but in general the mic must be connected to the Git2 before recording starts, no matter if the cam is on or off.
Thank you! My Git2 is in dashcam mode so starts recording automatically when powered on.
Chinese New Year holidays at the moment so don't be too concerned if you don't hear anything for another week or so at least
Thank you! I saw the banner on the Gitup web site about being closed for two weeks but the ticketing system should provide feedback automatically when the form is submitted. Also, my earlier question was posed well before the holiday and reiterated one asked months earlier yet remains unanswered, which does not inspire confidence.
Is a stereo version still in the works? I still see only the mono version here. Thanks!

Neither of these mics work, either:
I attempted to measure the resistance between pins 4 and 5 as shown here and here but there is no continuity between them (“0.L”) so perhaps the cable is defective and was not tested before Gitup shipped it to me from China.

86227014a4d6bb1fd02050fdd2020632.jpg

cable-jpg.21406

Back