No Audio in Thinkware Dash Cam Mobile Viewer

panzer948

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi, just picked up my Thinkware DashCam 770 and it seems to be working great. However, is it normal when downloading the various vids to your mobile phone to not hear audio during playback? I have a Samsung Note 5 with what I think is the latest OS/updates. Just want to make sure it isn't something that I am missing and if so I am sure there is a way to get it to work by running some update.

Sounds works great on PC software and files saved to PC harddrive to play in other video players. So I know audio is getting recorded.

FYI: I already feel the 64 GB card I received with the bundle is to small. I want to order a 128GB card. Based on another thread, it seems this one is the way to go (compatibility wise):
Transcend 128GB MicroSDXC Class10 UHS-1 Memory Card with Adapter 60 MB/s (TS128GUSDU1PE)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/2DWWSBPZ1KWNJ/ref=cm_wl_huc_view

Just be aware that because some F770 work with this sd card it is no guarantee that yours will some certainly don't it's very hit and miss!!

Let us know how the card goes!
At least returns should be quick and easy through Amazon.

Let us know how the card goes!
At least returns should be quick and easy through Amazon.

Sure thing. But can you guys comment on the audio issue on my Smartphone App I originally asked? I also sent an email directly to BlackBoxMyCar. I have no idea if I should be hearing anything or not. If not then at least I know there is nothing I can do.

Other than that I really like my DashCam and you guys were there when I had an installation question.

may be phone dependent, although the app is the same different phones can have issues due to what codecs they have installed, I think some Samsung models are problematic, may depend on which OS version your phone is on as well

may be phone dependent, although the app is the same different phones can have issues due to what codecs they have installed, I think some Samsung models are problematic, may depend on which OS version your phone is on as well

Okay thanks for the heads up! I will see what I can do to get it to work.

Sure thing. But can you guys comment on the audio issue on my Smartphone App I originally asked? I also sent an email directly to BlackBoxMyCar. I have no idea if I should be hearing anything or not. If not then at least I know there is nothing I can do.

Other than that I really like my DashCam and you guys were there when I had an installation question.

Does audio not play while viewing through the Thinkware app as well as after you download it to your phone?

Can you make sure you have your phone speakers turned on? For example, a lot of iPhone users forget to switch the volume button on.

Does audio not play while viewing through the Thinkware app as well as after you download it to your phone?

Can you make sure you have your phone speakers turned on? For example, a lot of iPhone users forget to switch the volume button on.

Hi, Thanks for your reply. Yes volume was turned up but I do recall that I could not get audio to play on the dashcam vid that also showed up im my gallery. I have a Samsung Note 5 so maybe I do need to update the codec somehow. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Hi, Thanks for your reply. Yes volume was turned up but I do recall that I could not get audio to play on the dashcam vid that also showed up im my gallery. I have a Samsung Note 5 so maybe I do need to update the codec somehow. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Weird. We've replied to you via email, right? We may need to take a look at your unit - please follow up via email, thanks.

Hi, no didn't reply to my email yet. I just sent another one though.

As indicated above, the audio does work when played back on a computer with the Thinkware software when plugging in the memory card and using USB drive. It's just on my mobile device I cannot hear audio while playing vids downloaded to the mobile viewer app or in viewer using phone generic playback app. So must be something with my phone right? I will play with it more this weekend.

what apps have you tried playing back with on the phone, MX player or VLC will usually play most files

Hi, I'm experiencing the same problem.

When viewing footage on MX PLAYER the audio is present and very clear.

However, once I download the clip and try to play the video in my gallary, the audio is no longer available. I have to copy the file onto my PC and convert the video to MP4, then reupload it onto my phone in order to view the video with audio... this is very time consuming and inconvenient.

Has there been a solution for this problem yet?

Thanks

Back