Moped crash for cash scam...

DashcamDPR

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
A119 Pro, Mio Mivue 508 for the work van
I'll mention right off the bat, this is rumoured to be completely staged from the start including the driver of the car being in on it, but either way it's an interesting watch!

Hmmm... she seems too genuine to be in on it. What would she gain? A dent in the car's bumper?

maybe she's a contributor to Viralhog? Many of the comments suggested it was a purposely made "viral video", and that she seemed to be connected to the police too quickly for it to be a genuine call, but I don't know about stuff like that

still makes for good viewing :)

Some of the real ones are so over the top, they seem more fake than this one. :)

(...) she seemed to be connected to the police too quickly for it to be a genuine call (...)
It took almost 10secs between the "dialing" of the number and the answering of the call. I don't see anything unusual about that, but then again one can also think the call was fake.

Why tell them about the cam , just wait for the Police to arrive and let them make a false statement ...
Whats the old saying , give them enough rope !

Why tell them about the cam , just wait for the Police to arrive and let them make a false statement ...
Whats the old saying , give them enough rope !
THIS is what I keep telling people.
In this case, lone woman Vs two young lads... She could've landed herself in hospital with no cam & possibly even no car.

I commented on the vid on youtube at the time... assuming its genuine, she was quite shaken, and in that situation you tend to wanna prove your innocence and it's almost a reflex to point out why it's "not your fault"

Seems fake.

But the real mistake is immediately pointing out the dashcam. Always have the police on scene first, then hit 'em with the video proof so they can't run away (y)

Back