SQ11 Cube Camera ( Micro ) sample video

old4570

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Front: 70MAI , Ausdom A261, Mini 0826 , Rear: A118c
After seeing a lot of video of the SQ11 cube camera , I thought ... Ok !
Hmmmm , I cant but help feel that some of that video posted on youtube might be some what NQR !
Anyhow , just posting some that's the real deal .

MJPEG, of course.

PS: Cute cat. :D

Even the cat thinks it's fishy.
Still, for 15 bucks AU, you're not being robbed, just set up for disappointment maybe.

I always wanted one of these cube cameras , and I wanted to see if the some of the video posted on YT was just massive BS or not ..
Still , the video is actually better than some of the cheap action cams ( Thats something ) , also the audio is not terrible either ..
I hate the files size ( horrendous ) , but what do you want for $15 bananas .
I am working on a review !

I'll bet it works better than this, even if it does "look" like a SLR: :whistle:
61r4iXwcYrL._AC_UL115_.jpg

I was going to buy one of those !!!!!!!!!!!
( Over the years I have tried several Mini / Micro video cameras )
Some one must be using really good software to make rubbish video look decent for youtube .. ( Or its just fake footage to begin with )

After seeing a lot of video of the SQ11 cube camera , I thought ... Ok !
Hmmmm , I cant but help feel that some of that video posted on youtube might be some what NQR !
Anyhow , just posting some that's the real deal .

Wow, looks much better than the A119 :eek:

Although having changed from the YouTube default of 360 resolution up to 720 it does look as though it may be a 360 camera :D

I think it looks pretty decent for the price, shouldn't expect 4K resolution. These things do have their uses, if your doing something where there is a 50% chance of destroying the camera then with this you could still get some video, with a GoPro you wouldn't risk it. Pity the recording time is rather limited, or they would have more uses.

What did you expect with bit rates of 27+ and 41+Mbps? ;)
??????????
Well I simply don't know , especially as no one else seems to share that information ?
So I had to buy one to see for myself . And now everyone knows ...
I see lots and lots and lots of cam reviews on Youtube and 99.9% simply dont provide even the most basic information ..
And maybe 50% of those reviews I would personally call suspect , or NQR . As the video seems - perhaps too good to be true .
And sometimes that motivates me , to buy said suspect cam and check it out myself .. ( As in this case )

So in no way what so ever was I expecting anything , this was a fact finding purchase . Nothing more and nothing less .

More - This one has audio sample ....

Hehehehe , a lot of cams suffer ( Audio ) when you open a window ..
Engine noise - road noise - all can affect the audio ...
I don't own a single cam that does not suffer ( audio ) when the window is open .
When the car is not moving , the audio is quite good .
My A119 , Mini 0826 , and Ausdom A261 , all suffer noise degradation when the car is moving .. ( with open window )
Not as much as the SQ11 , but then they cost a lot more .

Back