BULLETHD BIKER PRO - Problems

Hey so I caught this with my bikerpro dashcam on saturday, it is the rear facing cam (the front cam is a mobius). I had to crop the video as I had only temporarily installed it with velcro in the back of my mini, and because of the stiffness of the cable to the camera lens part, it kind of twists so it is not straight. Since then (on sunday) I have used a gopro mount and installed it properly (now it is working 100%) and now it captures a perfect view out of the rear window, with no obstructions and is perfectly straight, any way onto the video, the video description has all the details:

No, I thought it did, as it bounced off the road, and must have gone over my car or hit the trim, as I see no damage to my car, but did hear a thunk, so perhaps it was one of the other lug bolts under my car hitting the underneath. My car is pretty dirty, so once I wash it I may see a chip but upon quick inspection I see no dent or ding, and the windscreen seems fine. I was lucky. SO the police have found out (from my video - as you can see the license plate) that the guy just had winter tires put on, so it was improperly torqued wheel nuts that caused this failure.

My video was on the news in Ontario and a friend from BC said it was on the news there too, so my video is getting its 15 mins of fame this week. I just installed the biker pro in my car a week ago, I used Velcro to stick it to the back shelf, but it did not stay straight, now I have used a go-pro mount so its perfectly installed and positioned now - and remains working 100% of the time so far, so the firmware update totally fixed my issue. I think the old firmware must have been corrupt or never installed properly in the first place, that's why I could not reinstall it or new version.

I received my BULLETHD BIKER PRO WiFi enabled camera on October 9th. it was ordered through Amazon and promptly shipped from Pier28. (Excellent service!)

I was initially very pleased with the features and performance. Now the unit has failed on two fronts:

1- I can no longer connect via wi-fi. The “eye” does not change color as it did at first. My phone does not show a wi-fi signal from the camera. This was my first problem and I ignored it, thinking I needed to do some research to see if I was doing something wrong. Before I got to that I realized that there is a more serious problem.

2- Now nothing records on the micro sd card. I have tried 3 different cards. Without wi-fi, I had to format them in the computer. Each newly formatted card gets the default settings file added to it, but no video and is otherwise blank after powering on the camera for a few minutes. The lights appear to function as they did before I began to have problems. This does not seem like a card error.

The camera is mounted on my bicycle and has not suffered any impacts or high temperatures. Initial videos were good. Power is via a power bank.

Any suggestions?
Same problem with mine and I have done the same as you, if it is a bad cable I guess we will see because I still have wifi but no video being recorded.

They're driving with flashers on so they know they have a problem....but they are making no effort to get their car out of traffic and stopped! Below zero IQ that one :mad:

About 2 years ago, a local shop forgot to replace the lugs on a 4 wheel brake job- the car somehow made it to the street before all 4 wheels came off :eek: I've almost lost a wheel twice using the old oval-slotted 'universal fit' mags (which I hope are no longer made). You can bet your butt that I got stopped quickly when I felt the looseness. Both times one lug in five was still on a few threads, the second time the other fell off almost as I touched it. The rest flew off without a sound as I was driving. I torqued them myself so I know things were right then, but apparently the design wasn't so good and a few weeks later they had loosened themselves :( I got rid of them fast.

When I get tire work done I immediately check the lugs both to be sure they are tight and to be sure my tools can remove them too ;) Trust, but verify immediately.

Phil

It turned out it was the video cable, it is a one way cable, make sure it is plugged in according to the markings on each end, one has a curved line, this end goes into the main unit, the one with the straight line goes into the camera. switched mine around and it is now working fine.
Same problem with mine and I have done the same as you, if it is a bad cable I guess we will see because I still have wifi but no video being recorded.

Back