Timestamp issues on my 0805

Sham

Reaction score
Country
India
Hi guys,
Nice to know we have a forum for discussions around dashcams as well..
My first post here, and hopefully this forum with help me but my next dashcam as well :).

Anyway getting to the issue, I bought a mini 0805 a few years back and ever since, I'm having timestamp issues.

The time always gets changed after iun plug and re plug the device.
Any idea on a solution would be really helpful

Thanks

Battery is horrible, I think I will get about 2 mins of on time :)

Ok.. Need to figure out what battery is running on and see if I can find it here.

However, I've connected it to my power socket anyway. Yet battery matters?
I presumed it would burn the time on to some ROM and read from that on boot

The clock needs power to keep time, a failing battery will quickly lose power while in standby which then causes it to reset the time

Thanks for the info.
I will search for the battery and give it a try

I have the capacitor version of the 0805 and I too am having time-stamp issues. My time is also always changing on the camera

I have the capacitor version of the 0805 and I too am having time-stamp issues. My time is also always changing on the camera
Hi, please correct setting the TIME ZONE & TIME SETUP in the MENU before using the camera.
Mini0805P use super capacitor, can save the time setting for 3days.

anyone have a link for a replacement battery? i believe mine is completely shot.

so i AliExpresse'd a battery and installed it on my camera and went about setting it up from scratch.
but even now, i find that the timestamp goes for a toss once i poweroff the device and turn it on..
Note that after battery replacement i get about 10s of device on time before it switches off completely. So there is ample time to write data .

Here is what i did after fitting in the new battery.
1. power on the device (without the memory card)
2. set the DATE/TIME from the menu
3. Insert the memory card and start recording.
4. pull out the cable directly from the socket (and after 10s the device powers off)
5. after it turns back on , TIME is reset to any arbitrary setting.

I"m not sure what is going wrong. Any ideas guys?

Back