Need to re-format card

unpaidbill

Reaction score
Country
United States
My 0806 works fine ( I have only one card in it), but about once a month it stops working and I have to re-format the card in the unit. Then it works fine for another period of time. Anyone else run into this?

I used to have the problem often, sometimes several times a day. Took a lot of things to fix it. Quality memory cards, replacement internal battery, quality power supply, and power plugged direct into the camera instead of via GPS.
Basically, any kind of glitch can cause memory card corruption, so you have to test everything.

I was getting 'segment errors' every so often on my card and having to reformat it. It has gone now at least 4 possibly 6 months or longer without a problem. Not sure what the difference is - perhaps the environment/temperature in the car? Who knows! I don't mind reformatting every so often.

it is recommended to re-format the microSD card in all dash camera every month to keep the file system tidy.
because the microSD card is used in high rate over-writing status there are many file segments left in the card.

A few days ago I had to take out my usual card - 64GB Samsung Pro Plus - to preserve an event. To keep recording I put in a 128GB Transcend, formatted to FAT32. Didn't work. This had previously worked fairly reliably. Later I tried formatting it again. Still wouldn't work in my 0806.

The moral is, find something that works reliably and stick with it, even if it is a bit more expensive. Remember what your dash cam is for.

Sadly I read in another thread that Samsung has changed the spec of newer Pro Plus cards, so they may not be the solution you need any more.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I have had the same problem in one of my two 0806s - one needed to be reformatted every month or so and with the other was never needed. The one that needs regular formatting has started killing SD cards - has killed three cards now so - worth more than the 0806.

So is it time to throw the 0806 away or is there something I can do to stop these cards dying. I only use 32gb cards and they are not full.

Thanks

Garry

My 0806 works fine ( I have only one card in it), but about once a month it stops working and I have to re-format the card in the unit. Then it works fine for another period of time. Anyone else run into this?
Yes.
As someone already included above one thing they checked was the GPS mount!
That was my issue. Once I plugged power directly into my 0806 and formatted my 128gb card which I had formatted several times due to it getting corrupted, but since July not had a single problem!
Even the battery in my 0806 is totally dead and cam will not come on when I plug it in! Stays on blue light, so I then turn it on manually.

Leave the GPS mount on your screen for now, but plug power directly into cam. Format the card after doing this as no point in sticking a corrupted card in!!

The issue for me is either GPS internal wiring faulty, or the pins between the GPS and the cam just don't keep a tight connection and break in power with vibration possibly!
With a dead battery if there is even a fraction of a second break in power then the fun starts and you end up with a corrupted card, that's my story anyways!

Back