Official product page

So no remote alert over internet using a hotspot. Disappointed.

So no remote alert over internet using a hotspot. Disappointed.

In a different thread, maddog1974 said that they are launching the f800 and will launch a f800 air model later (september/october) that will have the cloud feature. It disappoints me because ive been waiting for months for this dashcam.

I wish they had kept the design like the F770 instead of moving to an F750 style design.

I wonder if the F800 Air update will come with an F770 style shell. The F770 and F750 are same camera but with different software and case.

The problem with the F800 design is the wiring is on the right side instead of the left side of the case, and this makes it much harder to wire cleanly if you mount to the right of the rear view mirror (which is how most people mount it). Also the ports were cleverly hidden in the F770 but are exposed in the F800 which means it will have a more "aftermarket" look where the F800 will look more like an aftermarket accessory with exposed wiring.

Last edited:
I don't like it. This design is more right hand drive friendly. In a left hand drive car it is going to look rubbish.

The F770 design looked good in any car.

Hello Everyone.

New to the forum and to dash cams. Wondering if anyone knows when this thing will be released? I preordered from blackboxmycar. but got nothing on a possible delivery date.

Thanks.

Does anyone know if there is gonna be a parking mode? Thanks :D

F800 will be transfer to air version via firmware upgrade

Just spoke with blackboxmycar. The f800 and the f800 air are 2 different cameras. The air will be shipping a month or 2 after the 800.

This talk of variations of the newly released F800 has me confused as I cannot find any official suggestion that there are different F800.
Anyone know for sure before I commit to upgrade from my F770 which I only purchased March this year.
Max.

I think if you already have the 770.. the expense for the 800 or the 800 air is not worth it.
For the 800 all you'll be getting is a little extra better night image. And that we still have to see how much better. And the 800 air supposedly just has the cloud service.. and thinkware doesn't know how much they're going to be charging for that little upgrade. That's what I was told by one of their reps.
I had just received the 770 when I found out about the 800.. and that's why I order it and returned the 770.. if it had been installed already. I would have kept it.
Oh.. and is not going to be a software upgrade.
According to their agent.. they are 2 different cams.

I think if you already have the 770.. the expense for the 800 or the 800 air is not worth it.
For the 800 all you'll be getting is a little extra better night image. And that we still have to see how much better. And the 800 air supposedly just has the cloud service.. and thinkware doesn't know how much they're going to be charging for that little upgrade. That's what I was told by one of their reps.
I had just received the 770 when I found out about the 800.. and that's why I order it and returned the 770.. if it had been installed already. I would have kept it.
Oh.. and is not going to be a software upgrade.
According to their agent.. they are 2 different cams.
where did u get it?
i'm from canada and i'm trying to get it

Back