WR1 vs. mini 0906 test model

Viking

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
WR1, Mini 906, 2*A119S, SJDash
I have compare wr1 up against the test model of mini 0906, there lens we see on 906, will not be the one on the production model.

Mini 0906 will be in the top of the video.

wr1 vs mini 0906 day.

wr1 vs mini0906 dusk.

wr1 vs mini 0906 lot of street light.

wr1 vs mini 0906 night some light.

WR1 vs mini 0906 no street light.

I think that result is to be expected, in low light it should be about equal with the 0906 rear camera since it has the same sensor, but wont match the 0906 front camera which has the same sensor as the A119S.

Both good at all times, but WR1 seems a bit better daytime while 0906 seems better in low-light. IMHO neither is great at anytime, but good enough for most folks :)

One thing I did notice is that these focus at different distances, so stopping playback to compare details will leave one or the other at an advantage. Check for comparison twice, once where each cam is in best focus on whatever detail(s) you're comparing ;)

Thanks for the split screen vids. I think these have a greater value than individual vids as they are much easier to compare :D

Phil

One thing I did notice is that these focus at different distances,
I installed the lens on mini 0906, so if there is a focus problem I take it on my shoulder. I think there will be a little narrow lens on the productions model.

I've got the mini 0906 ahead during the day ... and the Viofo WR1 ahead at night in the Videos above

Have to agree with Phil ... going by those Videos ... neither is particularly good. I'd want better vision
Haven't seen much of the mini, but have seen better Video of the WR1

I've got the mini 0906 ahead during the day ... and the Viofo WR1 ahead at night in the Videos above

Have to agree with Phil ... going by those Videos ... neither is particularly good. I'd want better vision
There is nothing wrong with Mini 0906 video if the lens is correctly focused, its front sensor will be better than the WR1, the rear about equal. You may be looking at YouTube quality issues.

Yeah ... that's why I mentioned I've seen better quality of the WR1. I certainly don't dismiss a Brand/model just because of 1 pretty ordinary Video.
No doubt there is much better Video of the mini as well.

I agree although I still suspect the WR1 problem is it has issues with insufficient bit rate in the day.

It's interesting to note, after a bit of googling that I find that the bit rate on the 903 is 20mbs, double that of the WR1. Again this is where I point the finger. If it's capable, I'd like to see the WR1 @ 25mbs minimum, then reassess it's performance from there. I strongly suspect that in the daytime it would sharpen noticeably, at least when it's detailed.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J WR1 1
Back