ARE YOU HAPPY WITH YOUR CAM - YES/NO?

How's it going ... are you happy with it so far?
Do you have other Cams? - How does it compare with your other one?
If you are not happy with it - tell us why?

HAPPY?: I am unhappy with it.. estore009 purchased (with GPS) - both are V1 and both exhibit the same flaws;

OTHER?: I have other cams - namely a bunch of G1W's and A118's. The A118's are front and rear cameras in another vehicle of mine, and have been perfect with no power issues and no lense issues.

WHY?: Both A119 cameras have blurry edges on the picture, the A118's I have are SHARP and CLEAR. Both A119 cameras have intermittently failing power when using the GPS mounts power pass-thru. I was kindly given free pads to fit to both cameras to attempt to remedy the issue; however both still fail even with the pads. Have given up and just power them both directly without issue.

I'm extremely happy with my A119! Fantastic video quality day & night. Have no idea about hardware versions but I think i got a rather late version, black 3M adhesive pads. Upgraded firmware to latest version no problems.

Using the GSM mounting, everything works excellent and also use the Viofo CLP, and a hardwiring kit directly into a fusebox under the glove compartment in my volvo S80.

The installation is very "stealth", hard to see from the outside and it is almost completely covered by the rear view mirror. No visible wiring inside the vehicle so it just sits there and keeps an eye on things, only announcing its presence with the start sound at the beginning (I want it like that but I know this sound can be disabled).

An interesting thing is that the presence of a dash cam tends to make you want to drive flawlessly now that you know everything is recorded. Not that I was driving like a madman before but it tends to cool you down, promoting a more relaxed and forgiving driving style. But that would go for all dash cams I guess.

The only thing I think could be improved still is the mount, there are some vibrations sometimes due to a slightly flexible mount. I gather this was more of an issue with the first version but it still persists somewhat. I know there are simple ways to fix it more securely to the GPS mount, tested some of them but I prefer to be able to remove the unit from its mount easily. Not a big issue, only noticeable on rough roads and it doesn't matter much technically for what it is supposed to do.

Last edited:
The Viofo EVA foam pads will help/eliminate those vibrations.

The Viofo EVA foam pads will help/eliminate those vibrations.

Thanks! I did not know of these, will try to find it! Would be very nice to get super-steady recording without vertical vibrations on rough roads :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Borg A119 0
C A119 25
Back