Only support up to 64GB?

Lefo

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi all,

I was looking at the spec of this dash cam but it says it will support up 64GB. Is that way too little when using parking mode?

Anyone tried 128 or 256gb?

I use a thinkware F770 in parking mode and never had issues with 64GB card, used in motion sense mode

64GB on the F800 actually is good for a bit more parking recording compared to F770 as there's a new 'parking priority' memory card partition setting. Compared to the F770, it has more than double the amount of parking motion storage.
Most important is the parking incident folder of course but 5% on a 64GB card will probably still give you a couple days' worth of video.

64GB on the F800 actually is good for a bit more parking recording compared to F770 as there's a new 'parking priority' memory card partition setting. Compared to the F770, it has more than double the amount of parking motion storage.
Most important is the parking incident folder of course but 5% on a 64GB card will probably still give you a couple days' worth of video.
To me the time lapse makes way more sense. You get a long long long period of parked recording, where it essentially functions as a security camera

If there is anything moving MOTION IS SENSED and recorded, I have yet to see a car hit another car WITHOUT movement of car being involved!!

If there is anything moving MOTION IS SENSED and recorded, I have yet to see a car hit another car WITHOUT movement of car being involved!!
Quite true, I have however seen plenty of movement that goes undetected by motion detection, it's far from perfect unfortunately

All I can say is I have no issues with 64GB card from memory point of view I don't think any cam anywhere is going to be perfect just have to do what you can and hope for best!!

What 64GB card you guys think would be good?
Blackboxmycar is selling the thinkware one for almost 70 bucks. Most 64 gigs on Amazon are under 30 bucks.

Blackboxmycar is selling the thinkware one for almost 70 bucks. Most 64 gigs on Amazon are under 30 bucks.

quality cards right now are close to $1 per GB anyway, at this time you'd do better to buy the Thinkware card, a 64GB card at $30 is going to be using low grade silicon, it's the only way they could make them at that price at the moment

Thanks for the reply jokiin. Just placed my order for the thinkware 64GB. That way I'll always have one in the cam when I'm reviewing the footage in my laptop.

Yes unfortunately the 64GB Thinkware is a fair bit pricier, especially a la carte.
That being said I have been pretty impressed with their performance, we sell a few every day and in the past 6 months we've only replaced 2 under warranty.
Currently I'm trying to test some aftermarket cards with the F800, Samsung EVO+ 64GB is working good so far. We don't have long term test data on this card.

I have an old EVO+ 128GB that I run in my F770, I think it's on its last legs as the camera tells me to format it everyday... even if I format everyday... haha
But videos are still recording fine

It would be nice to find a 128GB that works with the F800.

Back