Adjusting focus on T5

aandree

Reaction score
Country
Czech Republic
Hey guys,
I have recently bought T5. Since I have it especially for exterior filming, unfortunatelly I found out that my lenses are focused at distance around 40-50 cm. Actually this distance is unusable even in interiors...

Has anyone tried to disassemble the camera and adjust the lences for longer focus distance? I have done it on my previous cam Xiaomi Yi (the first generation) and without any problem. But I don't know if it is possible to tune it on T5 the same way like on Yi - by turning the lenses inside the case.

Thanks!

Ok, so I will reply to myself... I have dismantled the camera according to one video on YouTube, and found out that the lens unit is almost the same like in Yi, where was quite easy to adjust it. Well, not here. Unfortunately there is not used the same melted plastic glue like in Yi, but some special paint. Even after careful removal I was not able to move the lens at all. So I gave up.

But, anyway I have also figured out my "out of focus" issue. The problem was in this lens cover for SJcam - https://www.ebay.com/itm/381639354111 After removing it from the camera, the image is perfect even for long distance shooting. So I really do not reccomend to buy it...

Interesting. Does the lens cover have some magnification properties? Can you notice any distortion when looking through it?

Yes you can notice the distortion very clearly when you look thru it. It is horrible, I haven't checked it when it was delivered. Maybe there are many types available, but from the photos on eBay they look completely the same...so I doubt it.

Back