License Plate Recognition New Feature -- DOME G9WB Dual Lens

Another unnecessary feature along with LDWS and FCWS. Bells and whistles.

Cool license plate reader. Is this really recorded by that camera? See:
Are there other in car dashcams on the market with this feature?

New Cool Feature
@domekaka Older than 1 year is this still "New" by you term.
These video are 8 month to 1 year old on youtube.
If you go to the link in youtube, you can't find the camera on the website (www.szdome.com).
I guess it no longer in production anymore and no firmware update either.

What miracle of a Dick(99999) should know that Domekaka started this thread. Are you in families with each other or is just a double account you got.

G9WB.jpg

I'd like to see that license plate recognition working on US style plates.

@Viking no family, no double account just very interested in plate reading by dashcams. If this one seems to be 'old', any other dashcam doing this?

@lacibaci just ordered one. Will post if any forreign license plate recognized (in video, not OCR I believe)

Last edited:
@domekaka In the UK the word kaka is slang for s##t I think that says it all :D Ipol

The camera is gaudy and has no stealth at all. The license plate recognition is a feature we all agree is desirable and if we could have the capability to identify our own input. I do not understand why the designers wish to bling a camera we do not wish every thief to see from 5feet let alone from a block away. Black is in as is satin but shiny chrome or any light visible on the front of the camera is sinful.

Did the plate capture work for you? The front car distance warning is has a lot of false positives in my case. A pity I cannot shut it off. The lane departure warning is working quit well, I think. Thieves may discover every sub ~$100 dash cam, stealth or not. But the rear cam is quite stealthy I think.

I am new to the cam world as far as car cams go, but I would place two color styles of the same camera for obvious reasons. The bright shiny for cross country I'm addicted to showing my life to those who wish to see what happened when one was in the store or Mr. Road Rage decides to become ugly. I would love to receive free cams to give my opinion of them just by looking at these there needs to be an adjustment on creativity.

Back