New A118-C-clone with rear cam: Apeman C550

Mexxxi, I'm having similar issues with my ApemanC550. Motion detection doesn't seem to be working. I have the screensaver on. You're saying that when the screen goes blank, the motion detection stops as well? So I should turn the screen saver off? Presumably then the screen will stay 0n 24/7.... is that wise?
Yeah, I agree the manual is very poor!

In the meantime I found out that for motion detection to work, you need to deactivate loop recording. However, activating motion detection automatically deactivates the auto-recording mode that fires up when the camera powers up. Of course, neither the manual, nor the OSD informs the user about this great bit of programming... So this has nothing to do with the screensaver.

No, you're talking to a guy who designs and builds these cameras. He knows what he's talking about.

I have no doubt that he's working on the assembly lines, but a guy who babbles uneducated crap like claiming that a digital camera would need 6 wires, while any USB-camera works splendidly with 4 (including the C550 which can be used as a webcam via USB btw), for sure neither has any education in IT or as an engineer, nor is he working in that field. Btw, arguments from authority fail by definition...

Doubt it. On my old f70, I shortened it to be about a foot long (to have the rear can pointed inside while mounted right next to the main cam without having to bundle the extra cable) and it didn't change rear video quality at all.

Totally different rear camera for a totally different system. Neither do you know how long the rear cam cable for the C550 is in comparison to that of the F70, nor do you know how effectively it is shielded. I would expect an F70 to have a much higher build quality and thus manual meddling might not yield any results compared to the cheaply designed Chinese stuff. Besides, who knows whether you screwed up the shielding in the process and thus killed the benefits that you may have had otherwise.

Hi guys,
I see you are very keen on Apeman C550, which I recently bought.
I have an issue: it doesn't save any settings. I have two of them and neither will save any setting. As I switch it off and then back on, it gets back to factory defaults...
Any ideas? I'm running on firmware V3.10.1
Does it have an internal battery that I have to replace? Shall I ask for a custom firmware, so that when it loads the defaluts, those are my personal settings?
Thanks a lot

Thinking of getting this, it seems around 1/3 of the price of a Viofo A119. My A119 messed up after 3 years due to the capacitor issue, then further damaged the PCB trying to repair it.
So have lost faith in the Viofo and do not want to spend over £100 for it to last 3 years.

Thinking of getting this, it seems around 1/3 of the price of a Viofo A119. My A119 messed up after 3 years due to the capacitor issue, then further damaged the PCB trying to repair it.
So have lost faith in the Viofo and do not want to spend over £100 for it to last 3 years.
it's an old model, lower spec and quality than what you have now

With the cheap cams you rarely get as good as you pay for :( I'd suggest you have a look at the Blueskysea B1W for a good reliable versatile cam at about $60. It would still be a good value at 50% more ;) Or if you can stand a LiPo battery cam, the 70mai Pro is also a good deal.

Phil

With the cheap cams you rarely get as good as you pay for :( I'd suggest you have a look at the Blueskysea B1W for a good reliable versatile cam at about $60. It would still be a good value at 50% more ;) Or if you can stand a LiPo battery cam, the 70mai Pro is also a good deal.

Phil
The 70mai Pro seems interesting. The battery I think I would rather over the capacitor. Do you know if the batteries are easily available to purchase.

I think I recall seeing a thread here on the battery for a 70mai Pro. Basically a LiIon 14500 cell with wires and a plug attached IIRC.

Phil

Back