F800 pictures and videos

Yoon

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Just installed Thinkware F800 + Cellink B

BOVL3231.jpg

Last edited:
I have a F770 and did think about the F800 but don't like the shape etc and the wires coming out the side, I suppose I'd get used to it if it proves worth upgrading as I can always fit this in another car I have, are the cables and connectors the same ?, thanks

I have a F770 and did think about the F800 but don't like the shape etc and the wires coming out the side, I suppose I'd get used to it if it proves worth upgrading as I can always fit this in another car I have, are the cables and connectors the same ?, thanks

Yes, F770 and F800 share the same cables.

That seems like a very solid deal. Single channel thought.

Has anyone tried the safety camera/ADAS settings? I've been trying for two days now and still can't mine to work..

You can buy the rear camera from blackboxmycar.ca. I believe it costs about $140 CAD

Has anyone tried the safety camera/ADAS settings? I've been trying for two days now and still can't mine to work..
I have not been able to test the safety camera feature as there are not many red/speed cameras installed in Toronto. We have lots of cops hiding at the corners instead :D
For ADAS feature, F800 kept beeping when switching the lanes. I also heard some beeps when I was approaching close to the front vehicle, but it didn't seem to work all the time. I got annoyed and just turned it off.

The safety cameras and mobile speed camera alerts work on the F800. We have way too many of them here. I didn't test the ADAS functions as my car has them.

The safety cameras and mobile speed camera alerts work on the F800. We have way too many of them here. I didn't test the ADAS functions as my car has them.

Just talked to support, they said I should manually update my speed data camera feature via sd card. What happened to "hotspot" That should get the ADAS to working?? I asked when the rear camera would be available in the US, and she said " not for another month"? I also asked what was the difference between my F800 and the PRO model besides being black? She said the PRO model will have the cloud feature. Sure seems like someone in Korea dropped the ball??

Some updates after using 2 F800's for few days:

a) Lexar 633x 64GB works fine on one F800, but not on the other F800. Strange. Switched to Thinkware brand memory card and the problem seems solved so far.
b) Video quality is just average at best, compared to other dash cams I have tried, including DOD LS470W, VIOFO A119, Blackvue DR650GW, It's very hard and blurry to read the plates of other cars unless it's right in front of me.
c) Parking mode works great. IMO, DR650GW's motion sensor was way too sensitive.
d) Timelapse parking mode is fun.
e) Video files seem smaller and taking less disk space

Where did you get the thinkware branded memory card and what capacity are you using?

I found 2 Made in Korea Lexar 633x 64GB SDXC memory card today at London Drugs. Plugged it into the F800 and it recognizes it.

Yesterday I plugged another Lexar 633x 64 GB SDXC card that's made in Taiwan and the F800 goes into a format loop.

Where did you get the thinkware branded memory card and what capacity are you using?
I bought the 64GB model from thesource.ca
I found 2 Made in Korea Lexar 633x 64GB SDXC memory card today at London Drugs. Plugged it into the F800 and it recognizes it.

Yesterday I plugged another Lexar 633x 64 GB SDXC card that's made in Taiwan and the F800 goes into a format loop.
I heard Made in Korea cards work fine with Thinkware, but not the Made in Taiwan ones.

Afternoon & evening & night videos from today.
Unless the car is right in front of me, it's very blurry and almost impossible to see the plates of other cars most of the time.

Last edited:
Wow. I didn't know thesource.ca sells thinkware branded SD cards. Do they offer free shipping as well?

I tried 3 made in Taiwan Lexar 633X 64GB cards and none of them worked. The made in Korea ones worked in my father in law's X500 and my F800.

Yes, most dashcams will not be super useful when it comes to reading licence plates from afar. There was one dashcam that can do that and it's called "
The Original Dash Cam 2, Dual Lens, Split Screen". This dual lens dashcam has a zoom lens that can read license plates within safe following distances.

On a side note: I like your choice of Classical FM driving music. It puts you in a very relaxed mood.

Wow. I didn't know thesource.ca sells thinkware branded SD cards. Do they offer free shipping as well?
They carry the 64GB ($99.99) and the 32GB (69.99), either one with free shipping.

Afternoon & evening & night videos from today.
Unless the car is right in front of me, it's very blurry and almost impossible to see the plates of other cars most of the time.
I see what you mean about plate numbers, it's useless in that respect!

Yes, F770 and F800 share the same cables.

The right angled cable for the rear camera goes the other way for the F800, so the F770 rear camera cable will actually block the 12V input on the F800 :(

Has anyone compared Super Night Vision feature on and off? Unlike Thinkware's advertisement, it seems to make little to no difference from my testing.

Back