LDWS and Camera Resolution Question

meia gisborn

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello all! New member here.

I recently purchased an A119 and hardwired it into my second car (my other vehicle sports an A118C that I've been extremely happy with). It's thus far been working splendidly and the video quality at 1440P is most excellent.

Yesterday, I decided to experiment with the LDWS and FCWS features. I noticed that when the LDWS was activated, the camera's recording resolution would always drop down to 1080P. Deactivating the LDWS would not automatically return the resolution to 1440P; I had to reset that manually.

Just wondering if this is normal, or a bug in the firmware? There's no mention of this "feature" in the manual. I currently have version 2.05 of the firmware on my A119.

Thanks in advance!

In my testing, those things didn't do a single thing. Probably just a gimmick thrown in there by the chipset MFR to earn brownie points or something.

Auxiliary functions like these (and also motion detect) often don't work well with the Novatek processors.

Phil

LDWS and FCWS don't work well on any dashcam product I've tested yet. I'd rather have the high resolution and would leave those "features" disabled myself.

That's the best approach. Less than 100% reliability equals a 100% probability of problems ahead ;)

Phil

FCWS sometimes work but its very important where is detection cross. LDWS never worked for me. Maybe bad lines in czech republic maybe i dont know how to set it. But still never work.

FCWS sometimes work but its very important where is detection cross. LDWS never worked for me. Maybe bad lines in czech republic maybe i dont know how to set it. But still never work.
Even on brand new roads with clearly visible lines here in the US, ldws never did anything on mine, so I just turned it off to reduce load on the cpu and maybe help it run cooler.

Thanks for the responses. I too initially suspected that the 1080P restriction with LDWS active was a CPU limitation. For what it's worth, I was never able to get the LDWS alert to sound, even after a full day of driving.

I also experimented with the FCWS and found that it "kinda, sorta" works, in that it beeps only when it detects a high rate of closure with the vehicle ahead. It doesn't sound when you're slowly creeping up to the vehicle in front of you (like when you're crawling along in stop-and-go traffic). Still, it registered too many false positives and became annoying after a while.

just tested it with a new firmware 3.1 - still drops the resolution to 1080p30 when switching to LDWS/FCWS with no warnings

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M A119 2
A A119 8
B A119 11
Tigro A119 19
RCPilot A119 4
Back