Vico opia2 problem micro sd reader?

Solidcam

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi guys need your help. Just purchase opia 2 couple days ago and today tried to get it going. The units boots up with no issue with no micro sd in it. But once I insert my transcend high endurance 64gig the unit reboots over and over and finally memory card error. Tried the micro sd on another dash cam it worked. Formatted the card to fat32 and a few more no luck. The firmware was 2.6 out of the box.

Hi guys need your help. Just purchase opia 2 couple days ago and today tried to get it going. The units boots up with no issue with no micro sd in it. But once I insert my transcend high endurance 64gig the unit reboots over and over and finally memory card error. Tried the micro sd on another dash cam it worked. Formatted the card to fat32 and a few more no luck. The firmware was 2.6 out of the box.
How did you format it to Fat32?

Used my laptop and also tried a program I downloaded. Vico rep is telling me to switch micro sd card as Transcend high endurance is not compatible. Transcend 400x and Samsung evo U3 was recommended.

A U3 card would be recommended for the Opia2. I have heard users express they notice a difference in performance after upgrading to a U3 card in the Opia2. It's strange that the Transcend High Endurance is not compatible though.

Just tried lexar 633x 64gig and it worked! That's odd why transcend high endurance did not.

Just keep an eye on the camera, as some Opia2 users have not had good luck with the Lexar 633x in their camera.

Would u recommend Samsung Evo U3 64gig over lexar 633x?

I would yes, but if you already have the Lexar and it seems to be working for you, go with it.

If you decide to stay with Lexar, grab another card soon as they are leaving the removable data storage business ;)

Phil

Thanks for the inputs. Will stay with lexar and see how it goes.

Good news was it was not the opia2 problem.

Very odd, Ive been using both a Transcend 32gb HE card and a 64gb Lexar HE card back and forth with no issues. Only difference Ive seen is that when making videos, the Transcend stitches recordings together better than the Lexar.

I am planning to purchase two-Opia2 dashcams (for front and back). Have a Lexar 633x microSD card (128GB). Was wondering if anyone have tried Lexar 1000x microSD card (128GB).

Thanks!

Bumping an old thead5, but I found some SanDisk uhs-1 128gig cards on sale for under $40 locally at my best buy. There's also an "extreme plus" version for $20 more. I'm thinking trying the extreme plus for the opia 2. Would this card be ok?

I would suggest either SanDisk Ultra A1 or Transcend 400x for compatible cards with your Opia 2.

In the past, we have steered away from Sandisk cards as they have proven to be unreliable and incompatible for dash cams, but this notion has completely changed with the introduction of the new SanDisk Ultra A1. https://www.blackboxmycar.com/blogs/news/memory-card-update-sandisk-ultra-a1

-Stuart @ BlackboxMyCar
Bumping an old thead5, but I found some SanDisk uhs-1 128gig cards on sale for under $40 locally at my best buy. There's also an "extreme plus" version for $20 more. I'm thinking trying the extreme plus for the opia 2. Would this card be ok?

I would suggest either SanDisk Ultra A1 or Transcend 400x for compatible cards with your Opia 2.

In the past, we have steered away from Sandisk cards as they have proven to be unreliable and incompatible for dash cams, but this notion has completely changed with the introduction of the new SanDisk Ultra A1. https://www.blackboxmycar.com/blogs/news/memory-card-update-sandisk-ultra-a1

-Stuart @ BlackboxMyCar
Thanks for the reply. I ended up returning the SanDisk because as soon as I opened the box to the opia 2 there was an insert that said the SanDisk cards aren't compatible with the opia 2. I exchanged it for a 128gig Samsung Evo 3 card which I have been using in all my other dash cams with out a problem.

Thanks for the reply. I ended up returning the SanDisk because as soon as I opened the box to the opia 2 there was an insert that said the SanDisk cards aren't compatible with the opia 2. I exchanged it for a 128gig Samsung Evo 3 card which I have been using in all my other dash cams with out a problem.

No worries! I am glad it worked out.

Stuart @ BlackboxMyCar

Back