How to save settings with iPhone

Yoon

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I noticed that the settings are not always saved properly; It sometimes goes back to the previous (default) settings.
This seems like a software bug which will probably be addressed in the future.

As a workaround, here's the steps to properly save the settings for iPhone users.
In summary, you need to disconnect hotspot before closing the app.

1) Connect iPhone with F800
2) Open the app and change the settings
3) Go Back > It will say that settings are saved.
4) Keeping Thinkware app running in the background, go to iPhone settings and turn off the hotspot.
5) Wait until dashcam says that internet is disconnected.
6) Turn on the hotspot
7) Wait until dashcam says that internet is connected.
8) Go back to Thinkware app and check settings.
9) You can turn off the dashcam and turn it back on to check if the settings are properly changed.

You are my life saver, let me check it soon tonight.

Your workaround not work for me either. The camera reset to default once the car is off and On again.

Your workaround not work for me either. The camera reset to default once the car is off and On again.

Are you using IOS or Android ? It would be interested to find out if it's a problem with IOS App?Some Android users say No Problem at all ???

Last edited:
I finally got mine to stick. Running latest iOS on an iPhone 6. Unplugged the power to the cam. Waited about 10 minutes.. repluged. Settings have been there for over 24 hours..
even do I have turned off the cam and replaced the card with a 2nd one I order from thinkware.. so that I have one in there while I have the other on the Mac running the footage.

This is my experience too. I have it hardwired for parking mode which seems to delay the reset to factory; but it eventually does happen.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S F800 / F800 PRO 4
Hyundai kona 2024 F800 / F800 PRO 1
G F800 / F800 PRO 17
Back