Today in Texas

This is probably where the rules for keeping a safe distance and paying attention would come into play.

KuoH

Why would you require everyone to go single-file risking a chain-reaction crash when there is plenty of room to do otherwise?

This is probably where the rules for keeping a safe distance and paying attention would come into play.

So then you would have all traffic going at the speed of the slowest driver with nobody able to legally pass the car ahead of them because everyone would hold just their safe following distance and no more, thus leaving no room for a passing vehicle to get back in line until they passed all the vehicles in that line :rolleyes: It would end up with all the cars 'playing leapfrog' with each other until everyone got sorted out from fastest to slowest, and that could take many miles :( Plus you'd have the left lane clogged with cars trying to pass someone who is going only very slightly slower so the problem still isn't solved :p

It's only when smart people make allowances for each other that the system can work smoothly, safely, and correctly. And we can;t cause 'smart' to happen but perhaps we should punish people when it doesn't happen- that would solve most of society's current problems all by itself :cool:

Phil

However, just because you're not in violation of one part of the law, does that mean that you can be in direct violation of the other?

This reminds me of a sign which was recently placed at a bridge where the homeless people frequent. That one sign reads:

No Loitering
No Vagrancy

So why is there still a sidewalk there? :p You can't legally either stop walking (loitering) or continue walking (vagrancy) and you certainly can't do both or neither at the same time. Now you're a criminal just because you're walking on the sidewalk :mad:

There is not always intelligence or logic in laws and making them more specific is rarely the right answer, only the easy one, which usually causes as many or more problems than it solves :oops:

Phil

You can't legally either stop walking (loitering) or continue walking (vagrancy) and you certainly can't do both or neither at the same time

At the moment there is a tent city in front of the stock exchange and they are claiming that open space is free space

Sadly, not much is free these days even rights to so called open space

'why don't you take a picture, it will last longer?"

At first I thought the Saturn driver was texting, but he may just be taking a picture of the white Rolls Royce ahead of him.
:)

Can anyone make out the plate on the RR?
Can't tell if it's a vanity plate, or a dealer tag of some sort.

Is a 'Vanity plate' on a Rolls still called a 'Vanity Plate'??

UPDATED: I pulled the same video clip off of the Mobius B to see if the plate on the RR was any clearer.

Just curious if it is a vanity plate? (I had Michael Jordan in Lamborghini or Ferrari pass me one time with a vanity plate 'MJ something)'.

Last edited:
I'm not sure I've noticed in urban areas, but on interstate highways in Texas in rural areas, they usually don't have any fence or other barrier separating the highway, from adjacent service roads. It's real common to have a car on the highway cut across the grass strip to get to a service road, or have a car on the service road cross the grass at high speed and pop in ahead of you. In this video you can see some tire tracks in the grass where cars have done this, and you'll also see a Trooper writing a ticket to the red car for doing this, as well as directing two vehicles to pull up behind his car who just did it, but came to a stop about a quarter of a mile away when they finally noticed the cop. Thank you! :)

This is I-30 Eastbound around Royce City or somewhere, and the traffic is slowing due to road construction and a lane closure ahead.

I'm not sure I've noticed in urban areas, but on interstate highways in Texas in rural areas, they usually don't have any fence or other barrier separating the highway, from adjacent service roads. It's real common to have a car on the highway cut across the grass strip to get to a service road, or have a car on the service road cross the grass at high speed and pop in ahead of you. In this video you can see some tire tracks in the grass where cars have done this, and you'll also see a Trooper writing a ticket to the red car for doing this, as well as directing two vehicles to pull up behind his car who just did it, but came to a stop about a quarter of a mile away when they finally noticed the cop. Thank you! :)

This is I-30 Eastbound around Royce City or somewhere, and the traffic is slowing due to road construction and a lane closure ahead.
Texas :D Returning from Nuevo Laredo on foot across the bridge I was behind a large fellow wearing an even larger hat. The customs officer asked him if he was a US citizen and he replied: "I live in the country of Texas" It really is just an attitude in that state :)

I've not gone into Nuevo Laredo in years, although I'm in Laredo, off and on.

It's changed quite a bit.

Even 30 years ago you used to be able to park your tractor at the parking lot at the border crossing, and walk across. You didn't want to leave it there after dark, though.

I walked across a few times in daylight, bought a few trinkets, walked back.

One company I worked for had us in Laredo often, and you'd get stuck a few days.

One of the other drivers owned a 'junk/curiosity' shop in Florida his wife ran, and would pick up stuff to sell.

I saw him heading east with 3 of those 3/4 sized Suits of Armor' strapped to the back of his tractor. It looked like three dwarf knights hitching a ride.
Not sure how he got them across that foot bridge and immigration/customs, but I guess he could pretend he was helping a drunk buddy home.

$_35.JPG

'why don't you take a picture, it will last longer?"

At first I thought the Saturn driver was texting, but he may just be taking a picture of the white Rolls Royce ahead of him.

Can anyone make out the plate on the RR?
Can't tell if it's a vanity plate, or a dealer tag of some sort.

Is a 'Vanity plate' on a Rolls still called a 'Vanity Plate'??

UPDATED: I pulled the same video clip off of the Mobius B to see if the plate on the RR was any clearer.

Just curious if it is a vanity plate? (I had Michael Jordan in Lamborghini or Ferrari pass me one time with a vanity plate 'MJ something)'.

yes, you can get custom/vanity plates like that. Not all of them start with T, but they offered the T series for when what you want is already taken. www.myplates.com

looks like it says T ALLPRO

The same area as the last video in this thread, I-30, Royce City area. Another modest traffic backup, due to some police activity on the shoulder about a mile ahead. (Which is ending)
Either the white 4wd pickup is readying the grass strip on the side of the road for planting, or he was attempting a 'shortcut' to get around the slow traffic.

I need to get one of those 4wd pickups. I hear you can go anywhere with them..

Looks like Texas need a new Samuel H Walker to clean up things, and as a consequence of that a new Colt revolver would not harm.

O and if some one have one of those first 1000 Walker Colts,,,,, i would not mind having it ;) that's history right there, not my personal history but none the less one i would like to be a part of.

EDIT: ill take a Dragoon too if anyone have it for giving :D

EDIT: ill take a Dragoon too if anyone have it for giving :D
a dragon, you say?
norberthagr.jpg

Meanwhile, driving through the grass/dirt between the mainlanes and the service road is the norm around here, especially in construction zones. we're a very DIY state, so we make our own exit ramps as needed. :D

No dragoon as in mounted infantry, but i dont think the US ever used that term in the army and just used cavalry, but over here in the old countries it are still used today.

Dragoon regiments were established in most European armies during the late 17th and early 18th centuries.
The name is derived from a type of firearm, called a "dragon", which was a handgun version of a blunderbuss, carried by dragoons of the French Army.[2][3]
The title has been retained in modern times by a number of armoured or ceremonial mounted regiments.

Actually some ( 5 regiment ) of the Danish dragoons was stationed here at Randers where i live, and Aarhus where i come from ( 3rd regiment ), but now Danish Dragoons are stationed at the town of Holstebro.
Insignia in use i believe since 1657, and they have been kicking ass since then ( second Nordic War )
200px-Fortes_fortuna_juvat.JPG

Its the kind of guys the Americans like to have at their side.

The Regiment acquired international fame in recent time, when it served with UNPROFOR in Bosnia, where the Dragoons of Jutland assaulted Serb AT-3 Sagger positions in one of the largest skirmishes between UNPROFOR forces and military units involved in the war in Bosnia, and the largest Danish battle engagement since The Second Schleswig War of 1864. The battle, known as Operation Bøllebank,[1] was later characterized by the commander at the time as the time when "the mouse ate the cat".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Bøllebank

Back