Focus,too much bright lights issue

Can @jokiin tell me his opinion about this issue?
I thought first it's a focus problem and I take apart Yi and adjust lens and put everything back how it was before,but not satisfied with results,maybe I didnt adjust it right? Last night I noticed some flickering on display and dashcam started to turn off few times during the driving,I realized that this turning off was caused by a usb power chager which was little ejected and power was breaking up few times. After that videos were all blurry and street lights were overbright than before any light on video shinning too much so videos are unwatchable.
This video is 1080 P 30fps with CPL ON.

Last edited:
doesn't look great

how does it look during the day?

how is the night video without the CPL?
During the day is a little better, night time video without CPL filter almost the same ( maybe only for me,didnt notice too much difference ). I noticed tonight that battery in my Yi is at the end of a life time, and Yi is turning off during the start up of car's engine because there is some short cut off power and then power comes to Yi ( that short pause in power supply causing dashcam turning OFF an ON few times in a row ). I dont know what is problem exactly but I suspect it is something with image sensor. I even tried different sd card which is running in WR 1 but its same thing,no success to improve the grainy,out of sharpness and bright light annoying effect. Dont have a clue what to try to do next except maybe dismantle-take apart YI again and try to adjust lens in night time condition toward the street lights to see if then will be some improvement in video look.
Have to say that I am very dissapointed with YI,after 6 months of using it with minor issues I am forced to dismantle dashcam ( with any electronic expirience, only watching Youtube video ) and trying to fix a broken-not working-how suppose to be-product on my own loosing nerves and time to fix something should be set and forget product. I would avoid buying and using any similar YI products in the future.

Last edited:
yeah doesn't look very good, looks like 720p interpolated to 1080p in those videos
Any cure or idea whats the problem with? Any solution execpt I trew it away in garbage?

Any cure or idea whats the problem with? Any solution execpt I trew it away in garbage?

I don't think you've done anything wrong yourself, if you're pulling it apart again maybe make sure the lens is clean on the inside, have seen issues on some cameras where the glue used in lenses ends up fogging up over time and leaving a film of gunk inside the lens, has a similar result to what you're seeing when that happens

I don't think you've done anything wrong yourself, if you're pulling it apart again maybe make sure the lens is clean on the inside, have seen issues on some cameras where the glue used in lenses ends up fogging up over time and leaving a film of gunk inside the lens, has a similar result to what you're seeing when that happens
I didnt noticed anything on a lens, there was a glue on the side of the lens, but I dint melt it down, I scraped it off and didnt put any glue instead of old one, I just screw the lens in thread (dont know english words for that,but its like a cap on bottle, screw it one way and bottle is open,screw it other way,bottle is open :) ), but I am gonna pay my attention to that when I pull it apart next time. Thank you,my friend,for your precious time, and your opinion on my issues with my dashcam.

Few days ago,I took apart my Yi again unscrew the lens all the way and put it out completely,check for any kind of dirt,dust etc on it,nothing,clean it with fine microfiber cloth and screw it in again,same result as before,nothing changed to better. I consider to order and change battery and see if that will,maybe,change something,that will be the last effort and my last chance to make Yi work normal again. I have to repeat myself and say again that I am very dissapointed with Yi dashcam dying on me after only 6 months of using ( even if it isnt used as most of the drivers-people use their daahcams,it was used in a taxi-cab vehicle almost 24/7 ), probably never again give a chance to any Yi product ( my dashcam cost me 70€ + micro sd card 10€ + CPL filter 10$ ) and do not recommend to anyone. Give chance to use Viofo WR 1 and A119S bought on e-bay auction from @OCD Tronic in future days ( payed about 89$ refurbished V2 with GPS which is near or equal amount of money I gave for Yi and sd card and CPL and A119S is way better dashcam ).

Last edited:
Back