302G Losing Time & Date?

Stephen Spiller

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got a 302G and it works fine, other that the fact it resets to the default time and date after the power is removed.
It is fitted with a hard-wired kit into the cigarette lighter wiring of my car, so there is only power when the ignition is on.
It holds the date and time for a short while, but if it's left for a day or so when you start the car it has reset.
I'm assuming this isn't normal, but this is the second one I've had that does the same thing (the first one was returned after a few days).
Am I missing something or is this normal?

It is YOUR fault, you made the mistake of buying a nextbase!!
Seriously totally standard feature for this brand, I have now either 5 or 6(lost count) from family members cars sat in my drawer at home, all suffer repeated faults, even with buying this many over the years every one has faults, a new battery will cure it for a little while, but as they get cooked due to overcharging problem will return, NB are very good at warranty claims even out of warranty, just a pity they aren't so good at choosing where to buy their products quality wise!!
My advice buy something else, preferably without a battery, more money but more reliability!!

Got a 302G and it works fine, other that the fact it resets to the default time and date after the power is removed.
It is fitted with a hard-wired kit into the cigarette lighter wiring of my car, so there is only power when the ignition is on.
It holds the date and time for a short while, but if it's left for a day or so when you start the car it has reset.
I'm assuming this isn't normal, but this is the second one I've had that does the same thing (the first one was returned after a few days).
Am I missing something or is this normal?

Can you get in touch with our UK Technical Support centre Stephen?

We'd love to help.

Either email support@nextbase.co.uk, call 02920 866 429 (UK Standard number) or www.nextbase.co.uk LiveChat you can quote this thread/forum if you like.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Nextbase Other 2
Heppie89 Nextbase Other 3
Back