THINKWARE F800 PRO

NIck_R

Reaction score
Country
United States
Does anyone have one yet, and what is the difference? Cloud feature?

I don't think is in the stores yet.
But is in the global site of thinkware.
http://www.thinkware.com/Products/Dashcam/F800PRO

The browser might try to redirect you to your local site. Like here in the US. In keeps trying to send me to the US site.. and the pro is not on there.

Does anyone have one yet, and what is the difference? Cloud feature?

I asked support the same question yesterday and she said "the cloud" ? It's also all black. I would think there would be more to it? Saw somewhere that it would handle 128 GB

No F800 Pro. I just got the F800 so I hope I won't see the pro for at least 2 - 3 months. When did Thinkware announced the F800 ? was it in Jan this year? It's Aug now and the F800 is slowly making its way to the stores.

Try to record short clips with an engine and fan OFF, ACC ON. Then turn on fan, record short clip, then start car. Later compare video clips.

Sent from my LG-H962 using Tapatalk

Try to record short clips with an engine and fan OFF, ACC ON. Then turn on fan, record short clip, then start car. Later compare video clips.

Wrong thread?

Wrong thread?
You are right. Probably Tapatalk refresh moved my reply to this thread. I will try to find correct one.
Thank for attention.

I hear that the image quality on the Thinkware F800 is better than the BlackVue Dr-6502ch, does anyone know how true that is?

I hear that the image quality on the Thinkware F800 is better than the BlackVue Dr-6502ch, does anyone know how true that is?

neither are known for stellar video results, maybe not much between them but I'd expect the Thinkware probably has the better low light performance of the two

During daylight, the 2 cameras probably perform the same. At night with little to low light, the F800 appears to see a little bit more than the Blackvue DR-650GW. I was able to see a shadow of a rabbit with the F800 on the sidewalk whereas I can't see anything in the video from the DR-650GW. Keep in mind that the actual results might vary due to location of camera , location of subject,...etc. One thing for sure is that the rear camera of the F800 captures video at 1080p and the Blackvue 2CH captures video at 720p.

Please let this be true. See link below.

The video looks like it oversimplifies how your car contacts you. Unless there is another phone in your car I do not think it will be able to notify you at a remote location.

Or if your car has build in mobile hotspot or Wifi that will remain active even when your car is turned off, or your car is parked in a location where WiFi is available and free.

Thinkware Support now has info on F800 Pro including manual

Or if your car has build in mobile hotspot or Wifi that will remain active even when your car is turned off, or your car is parked in a location where WiFi is available and free.

When I looked at the F800 Pro user manual I didn't see anything to support that. Actually, I didn't see anything that talked about the cloud, cloud settings, requirements, and use.

By the way, I can't even sit in my car in park mode with my cell phone and access videos. Parking mode turns off the hotspot. I'm using the android app and not sure if it does that too with the iPhone App.

Whats the big deal with cloud service if it doesnt have a built in 4g chip on the 800 air and only uses wifi hotspots what are we gaining? If I goto the mall and theres no free wifi to connect to then this alert stuff is useless isnt it?

Looks like F800 is available in some countries now

Danish police even if you got all the way thru to them on the phone, would be so angry if you called them about your car getting dented, even if the guy doing it do a hit and run on your car.
I do like the speed trap / mobile speed trap and so on functions, but i like to know how its implemented and if it is real time ( you need real time for mobile speed traps like used here in Denmark, though they often set up in the same places )

Back