New user issues

Something is wrong with this firmware.
I have formatted the card, copied the firmware.bin (as I did before with the other firmware), but after the power on the dashcam, it stacks at blue led (not blink) and does not start up at all.
I had to remove the memory card, format it in the card reader, copy the older firmware to it to make the dashcam work again.

you must missed a bootloader update which enlarged firmware space in SPI.
here:

Attachments

• LD96663A_Mini0906加大FW分区_20170630_1.zip
    14.3 KB · Views: 37
you must missed a bootloader update which enlarged firmware space in SPI.
here:

Thank you Mr Rayman! I have upgraded it successfully.

Here is a little help for the others:

Mini 906 (NT96663) Dual Channel Dashcam Firmware upgrade procedure.

If your camera has firmware version FIRMWARE_20170619 or earlier, please upgrade the loader LD96663A.bin first (fromLD96663A_Mini0906加大FW分区_20170630_1.zip)

If you have already installed the FIRMWARE_20170724 or later, it is not necessary to upgrade the loader, so ignore steps from 1 to 6.

1.)
Format your MicroSD card by camera or by computer as FAT32
2.)
Insert card in camera and connect it to computer using USB cable
3.)
To upgrade the boot loader, copy just the LD96663A.bin on the root of the card
4.)
After LD96663A.bin has copied to the card disconnect the camera from computer
5.)
Reconnect the camera to your computer and wait few seconds.It will apear Mass Storage on the camera`s display.
6.)
Delete LD96663A.bin from the card using your PC.
7.)
Copy the new FIRMWARE.bin. file to the root of the MicroSD card.
8.)
Reconnect the camera to your computer and wait several seconds (cca 10sec) until you can see the Mass Storage text on the camera`s display.

Notes:

The new Firmware.bin will be automatically deleted from the MicroSD card after the upgrade completed.

During the proper upgrade the Blue LED will blink fast.After, the Blue LED will be steady and the Red LED will light up also.The Mass Storage text will show up on the camera`s display.

Now you can disconnect the camera from PC and enjoy the new Firmware`s implementations.

Last edited:
During the proper upgrade the Blue LED will blink fast.After, the Blue LED will be steady and the Red LED will light up also.The Mass Storage text will show up on the camera`s display.
Now you can disconnect the camera from PC and enjoy the new Firmware`s implementations.

if the others use a cell charger to power the camera to upgrade firmware, it will be slight different.
the Mass Storage only show up when you use a data cable to connect to computer to power the camera.
when using a cell charger, the camera will boot to recording automatically.

My camera was working great until a few days ago when I noticed it lost all the settings and I needed to manually fill them in again.
Flip back camera, date time etc everything back to default.

After I changed all the settings back as I wanted them they where saved.

But this happened a few times now the last few days.
Any idea how this can happen and how it can be fixed?

It seems to be related to short drives 5 to 10 min max but this is just a quick guess

Thanks for the replies in advance.

Are the camera getting a GPS fix ? mine also acted up in regard to time /date when i used it off the mount so it couldn't get time/date verification from GPS satellite.
It should not take 5- 10 mins for the camera to get a GPS fix, not even if its a cold boot.

Is it only time/date related things that is lost, or is it also other / all settings

Are the camera getting a GPS fix ? mine also acted up in regard to time /date when i used it off the mount so it couldn't get time/date verification from GPS satellite.
It should not take 5- 10 mins for the camera to get a GPS fix, not even if its a cold boot.

Is it only time/date related things that is lost, or is it also other / all settings
Everything is reset to factory default.
So from image quality set to super fine by me after reset back to fine.
Or for example the flip back camera image on to off etc.
It happend again today.
I was driving voor 200 km no issue after that but then I went to get some groceries and between stores it reset reset again.
Does it write the settings to some memory on shutdown?
That could explain that the camera on short drive can't shutdown properly because of the capacitor isn't charged enough.
Just a thought:)

I cant recall and my test camera have sadly died on me, but isent there a fast shut down option in the camera ? it need to shut down as fast as possible otherwise it are eating into the storage in the capacitors.

I cant recall and my test camera have sadly died on me, but isent there a fast shut down option in the camera ? it need to shut down as fast as possible otherwise it are eating into the storage in the capacitors.
Don't know didn't find a option maybe someone can tell us?? :unsure:

Hi SJAP84,
is it a beta test camera you get from distributor?
or, when did you purchase?

Hi SJAP84,
is it a beta test camera you get from distributor?
or, when did you purchase?
HI Rayman yes it is a beta, is it is being sold as regular production camera here but I know it is a beta.
The camera is different.
Thanks

if it is a beta camera, that maybe the RTC battery fault.
the beta test camera is more hot than formal release, and the RTC battery is just behind the DSP so it is easily overheat.
But the small MS412 RTC battery can only work below 60C condition so it may damaged.

in the formal release cameras, the MS621 battery is far away placed from DSP so there is tiny chance to be damaged.

If you can do solder work, you can solder a new RTC battery with a cable and sticker the battery to somewhere far away.
but maybe the base solution is ship the camera back to our factory to replace to a new one.

if it is a beta camera, that maybe the RTC battery fault.
the beta test camera is more hot than formal release, and the RTC battery is just behind the DSP so it is easily overheat.
But the small MS412 RTC battery can only work below 60C condition so it may damaged.

in the formal release cameras, the MS621 battery is far away placed from DSP so there is tiny chance to be damaged.

If you can do solder work, you can solder a new RTC battery with a cable and sticker the battery to somewhere far away.
but maybe the base solution is ship the camera back to our factory to replace to a new one.
Thanks for your reply I will contact my supplier and tell him about the defect I have warranty with him.

Back