F800 installed

I also face same problem of resetting the setting , however I am already running the latest app 1.0.9 on iOS, I think it's a firmware issue as well. But I have off the camera before it still not preventing it to reset the setting to parking mode to OFF!
Make the adjustment, then tap the ‘back’ arrow to produce the “setup changes have been saved” message. Then hold down the power button on the camera for 2 seconds and release. Close the app and restart. When you reconnect the settings will have been saved.

THINKWARE released a new version of the app late yesterday (8/11/17) which on first test appears to have fixed the problem, so try that if you haven’t already.

Have you guys tried using the desktop software instead of the app to change settings? I never had trouble changing the camera setting using the desktop app.

Have you guys tried using the desktop software instead of the app to change settings? I never had trouble changing the camera setting using the desktop app.

I opened the setting from the PC viewer, the setting is there, so I should just overwrite it once?

Last edited:
Yes. Just load the settings using the PC viewer and then hit SAVE. Hopefully that will address the issue.

Yes. Just load the settings using the PC viewer and then hit SAVE. Hopefully that will address the issue.
Not working as well, i think I have to override the default.cfg with the setting.cfg

I also had problems getting the time/parking settings to "take" and because the software/firmware doesn't work, it probably didn't help by doing resets and formats that kept putting the unit back to default. Anyway, I was so frustrated with my F800 yesterday on that issue that I returned it to Best Buy and got a brand new replacement thinking that my dash cam was defective.

So, I tried to setup the new replacement F800 dash cam and had the same problem and frustrations with the settings for at least 3 hours. It seemed that turning the dash cam off after saving the settings and not existing the app may have resolved the problem, but I really have no idea because all I can tell you that the whole ordeal drained all my energy. I did uninstall and reinstalled the Android app yesterday..it said it was updated on Aug 10th, not Aug 11th. The Aug 10th version didn't do diddly squat in my opinion to fix the issue.

My plan is to return the F800 dash cam to Best Buy again before my next 14 days run out if the app and firmware are not fixed.

I've had the same problems but I'm using the IOS app. Most of the time I can't get to the settings page but when I do, the time/parking/ safety features won't "take" or save. I've gone through the wifi/hotspot routine and most times can't get the settings page even tho it connects to the hotspot. It appears these problems are on going for a lot of people? Taking mine back to Best Buy today.

To use the safety feature you need to download the file from the thinkware website. Best to use a desktop computer to download the file and copy it onto the SD card instead of using the phone.

My guess is that there are issues in the iOS version of the app. I have no issues with the android app.

To use the safety feature you need to download the file from the thinkware website. Best to use a desktop computer to download the file and copy it onto the SD card instead of using the phone.

My guess is that there are issues in the iOS version of the app. I have no issues with the android app.

Yes that may be the case. I did all you suggested Downloaded on an iMac to sd card. Went through the complete process of installing the sd card in the camera then turned the power on. tried to correct the time and it wouldn't. None of the safety features worked. When I shut down the camera/iphone and restarted the camera, the phone couldn't access the settings page even though the camera connected to the hotspot.... I gave up. Best Buy has the camera now. Just to many problems.

Eek. Sorry about your experience. I guess I was one of the lucky ones that got it to work.

Did you by any chance updated the firmware on your F800? I know Thinkware and Blackview cameras are very prone to camera software corruption whenever firmware is updated. I killed a Thinkware F50 once. The camera will stop and start recording randomly. At first I thought it was the 12V socket but it was confirmed to be the camera. Root cause was most likely due to poor camera update process.

Eek. Sorry about your experience. I guess I was one of the lucky ones that got it to work.

Did you by any chance updated the firmware on your F800? I know Thinkware and Blackview cameras are very prone to camera software corruption whenever firmware is updated. I killed a Thinkware F50 once. The camera will stop and start recording randomly. At first I thought it was the 12V socket but it was confirmed to be the camera. Root cause was most likely due to poor camera update process.

I upgraded to this F800 because I killed my F750 in the firmware upgrade process. F800 is already running the latest one 1.0.04 on delivery, iOS app did updated some day before. The bug must be on camera as I have verified the SD card from my computer, the setting is there, however it got random reset from the dashcam itself as I am 100% sure I haven't get my phone connected to it after saving the settings from my PC.

Funny because when I asked blackboxmycar.ca yesterday if they sold the F800, I was told that it was not available in Canada and to wait for the pro version instead. I suspect they pulled it off their Canadain site until Bestbuy is done with their -$100 off sale so they won't have to deal with price matching. Btw, the thinkware hardwire kit is cheaper at bestbuy too.

Our distribution contract doesn't permit us selling the F800 for online retail in Canada but we will be exclusive for the F800 Pro.
It will stay as "sold out" in Canada for a while

Our distribution contract doesn't permit us selling the F800 for online retail in Canada but we will be exclusive for the F800 Pro.
Any indication yet as to when that will be?

Oh!? What about the ones you have sold to Canadian customers already ? Does your distributor have any issue with that?

Oh!? What about the ones you have sold to Canadian customers already ? Does your distributor have any issue with that?

For the ones that have already been sold there's no issue.

Back