Any indication of a waterproof housing for the F1 4k?

Firepanda

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not quite the right area for the question, but I doubt a subforum will be made for this model.

Just noticed the F1 was advertised as useful for road cycling, but living where I'd do it would be pretty useless without being waterproof.

I prefer the F1 over the G3 Duo as I've no need for the touchscreen, and prefer the lower profile and simplicity.

Perhaps the default housing is heavy rain resistant at least?

Good question.

And i would like to know if the F1 can do slow motion like other cameras, like 1080p / 120 and 720p / 240 FPS
Really looking forward to see some real world footage from the F1.

Also will a CPL be available on launch?

Maybe a GC or vico ??? CPL can be used if it fit over the lens "housing" of the F1, that would be neat cuz i dont think gitup are thinking much in lines of dashcam with the F1

Maybe a GC or vico ??? CPL can be used if it fit over the lens "housing" of the F1, that would be neat cuz i dont think gitup are thinking much in lines of dashcam with the F1
It's designed to take a GoPro Hero 4 filter holder as a replacement for the lens protector on the front so that you can use standard filters. Same filter holder as the Git2, but with a better mounting system.

And i would like to know if the F1 can do slow motion like other cameras, like 1080p / 120 and 720p / 240 FPS
Really looking forward to see some real world footage from the F1.
The Amberella A12 does not produce good quality 1080/120, 720/120 is OK.

It's designed to take a GoPro Hero 4 filter holder as a replacement for the lens protector on the front so that you can use standard filters. Same filter holder as the Git2, but with a better mounting system.

IMO a regular 52mm CPL will look tacky on such a design. A filter that's customised as per the housing would be more desirable. Does open up the possibility of using good quality filters though.

The Amberella A12 does not produce good quality 1080/120

Yeah the Sj7 are struggling with that, not sure if it is only the direct slowmotion recordings on the camera or if it is also 1080/120 as is.
I meant to have done some testing on this today, but once again i got sidetracked.

I did a 720/240 recording ( slowmotion ) and the output file was just 6 mbit, and that seem a tad on the low side, bur regular recordings in that frame rate are up there alright with 50 mbit ( 1080/120 )

IMO a regular 52mm CPL will look tacky on such a design. A filter that's customised as per the housing would be more desirable. Does open up the possibility of using good quality filters though.
I assume that with the lens protector removed you can get the filter really close to the lens so a 52mm will not be necessary, a 24mm should work if a suitable filter holder can be found. It is 16:9 aspect ratio only which reduces the size of the filter required for photos.

Yeah the Sj7 are struggling with that, not sure if it is only the direct slowmotion recordings on the camera or if it is also 1080/120 as is.
I meant to have done some testing on this today, but once again i got sidetracked.

I did a 720/240 recording ( slowmotion ) and the output file was just 6 mbit, and that seem a tad on the low side, bur regular recordings in that frame rate are up there alright with 50 mbit ( 1080/120 )
I'm not sure what the problem is, but none of the A12 cameras seem to produce nice results at maximum frame rate in 1080/720, seems like they pushed the specs too far just to get the numbers on the spec sheet!

I'm not sure what the problem is, but none of the A12 cameras seem to produce nice results at maximum frame rate in 1080/720, seems like they pushed the specs too far just to get the numbers on the spec sheet!

Ambarella have a history of deciding and announcing specs for the product and then having to work out how to deliver what they promise, some stuff happens, some never does for various reasons

Wouldn't be the first time :D

I really like having that slow motion option, but it is not a deal breaker.
The price on the F1 seem fair, not making it more easy to wait to see some footage and in depth review

The Amberella A12 does not produce good quality 1080/120, 720/120 is OK.
Ambarella Introduced H22 4K chipest already for Sports Cameras this year,just wonder which lens sensor can match it to get real 4K 60/120P?

Ambarella Introduced H22 4K chipest already for Sports Cameras this year,just wonder which lens sensor can match it to get real 4K 60/120P?
Maybe the Sony IMX147? It should be a 20MP sensor so that we can have EIS image stabilisation at real 4K 60fps without loosing any resolution.

The Sony IMX 183 20MP sensor would be nice but maybe the 1" sensor is too big for an action camera for most people. This is the one DJI use in the Phantom 4 Pro drone which can do 4K 60fps stabilised.

@Nigel Sony X3000R action camera features with OIS,do you know its sensor info.?

@Nigel Sony X3000R action camera features with OIS,do you know its sensor info.?
No, I don't know, they may make a special sensor for it since they are Sony!

However it has optical stabilisation, not EIS so it can use a normal 12MP sensor and still get real 4K with stabilisation, for EIS you need more pixels for real 4K because the EIS needs some extra pixels around the sides so that it can move the image about to cancel out the shaking.

Optical stabilisation is not really suitable for a normal action camera, it is good for bigger hand held camcorders but has difficulty if you mount the camera on a mountain bike and ride over big rocks!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
gitup Git3 5
D Git3 0
Back