Connect Sensor Error on startup

Chet

Reaction score
Country
United States
In the past 3 days I've had this problem occur twice. On startup (one cool morning, and the other 80+ F in the afternoon), the unit starts recording on vehicle startup. Within a minute or two I see the Connect Sensor Error. The unit has a solid red light.

When I unplug the USB cable and reconnect, the picture comes back, live not frozen, with no error. The red light is still solid and the record time does not increment. The touch screen and the button on the top of the unit are not responsive. I unplug the power and let the battery discharge.

When the power is reattached the unit comes back on with no problem. There is no video file for the initial startup.

I have reformatted the card after checking the data.

The installation uses a VicoVation power plus and has been installed since December 2016. The installation uses all the original cables, no splicing or cutting. I cannot replicate the problem. It just happens.

The only though I have is the Camera is failing. Any ideas?

It sounds like you might have a bad video micro-USB cable. You have a 1 year warranty. Send me a support email or private message so we can troubleshoot together and form an action plan.

Back