Thinkware 750 Development

24 is the obvious one! However yes its best to check with a MM.

Cellink input needs to be from car permanent 12V. Dashcam BATT needs to be from Cellink output. ACC needs to be from car temporary 12V (which switches off when car is parked).

The Cellink B battery should just power the Yellow Thinkware Wire (Permanent Power), the Red Thinkware wire can be joined to your ACC fuse tap that's charging the Cellink B.

Hi! My name is Ruslan, I'am from Russian Federation.
My 2-Ch F750 just arrived. Pretty small! I thought it will be a little larger. Its from UK, but android app on Russian. Connected without problem.
Firmware is v.15. Is it necessary to flash at first f770_3_1.00.02 firmware or it's normal to fliash latest frimware from f770 right away?
Thanks!

Dee is the expert, but I chose to update to v02 first. The risk of going straight to the latest version is that Thinkware might have done something new to stop people changing their F750s into F770s.

I've downloaded and update straight from Thinkware site to v. 06 and it all works fine.!

I have a new F570 arrived today, the seller was Thinkware fulfilled by Amazon UK, (so Amazon deal with the customer service etc), the bad news is it came with firmware 1.00.24. The build date on the camera is June 2016, so Thinkware have updated the firmware from the one it would have been manufactured with.

Time will tell if there becomes a way to flash this newer firmware with F770.

I received my F750 yesterday (in Canada) with a build date of September 2016. The firmware is 1.00.15.

When purchasing the rear camera. Does it matter which to use for the F750 w/F770 software?

I see there's the older one for the F750 and a newer one for the F770.

I bricked my F750 in the firmware upgrade process, it kept at two green flash light on, resetting by pressing two buttons can't help, anyone know how can I recover it?

I bricked my F750 in the firmware upgrade process, it kept at two green flash light on, resetting by pressing two buttons can't help, anyone know how can I recover it?

It will need a full reflash with a Jig. I would ask Thinkware support if they are aware of anyone in your country with one. We have one but that doesn't help you as we're in the UK i'm afraid.

It will need a full reflash with a Jig. I would ask Thinkware support if they are aware of anyone in your country with one. We have one but that doesn't help you as we're in the UK i'm afraid.
Thanks for your information, I am in HONG KONG, hopefully someone can help too.

Thank you, Dee, for your time and effort to bring out the details and process for this upgrade!
I'd been away long enough to just remember the concept announcement, but seeing the evolution had me riveted to the thread for the evening.
Tickled that our 750's are still at .15 and looking forward to advancing them.
RR

Do I “have to” upgrade the firmware with my thinkware card or can I do it on an aftermarket (SanDisk, Samsung evo +)?

There's a new F770 fw. anyone knows what the update's for? it doesn't mention on their site...

Does it matter if it’s UK vs US? I’m new to this so if I’m in the US I have to change it to UK?

I am finally intending to upgrade the FW on my F750 to the F770 FW but am concerned about the above warning. I have been using a 128GB SD card without problem virtually from the start. I re-used the 32GB Thinkware branded SD card in another device which is the main reason I have taken so long to do this - I needed to free it up for use again. So I had planned to use the Thinkware card for the upgrade process and then go back to using the 128GB card in the F750. But does the above warning imply that I can't?

What MicroSD 128gb card are you using that has worked flawlessly?

Directly updated my f750/0.15 (UK) to f770/0.06 (IT) is OK

Back