Double checking on A119 SD Card please

DougT007

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi - about to order A119 V2 with GPS from Amazon. From what I've seen along the way, either one of these is good, and the A119 does handle 64GB. I notice the Lexar has "lifetime warranty." From your experience, would I be OK with either of these? Many thanks.... DT

Card: Transcend High Endurance - 32 ($30) or 64GB ($56) Micro SD / XC and package deal for camera/disk/filter
https://www.amazon.com/TRANSCEND-INFORMATION-Endurance-Microsd-TS32GUSDHC10V/dp/B01BDKTQY6/ref=sr_1_fkmr2_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1502909657&sr=1-1-fkmr2&keywords=transcend+high+endurance+sdxc+32

Lexar Alternative - $18 for 32GB ($28 64 GB) - Lifetime Warranty:
https://www.amazon.com/Lexar-High-Performance-microSDHC-UHS-I-Adapter/dp/B012PLSCQ0/ref=pd_sbs_147_6?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B012PLSCQ0&pd_rd_r=ZEWMPK7BCMKSF3WNVTR5&pd_rd_w=t2AfJ&pd_rd_wg=ZqbPI&psc=1&refRID=ZEWMPK7BCMKSF3WNVTR5

my experience with the Lexar 633x 64bg was not good, format warning and missing videos was a problem, on the other hand with the Lexar 633x 32bg never had any issues hope this helps.

I had to return one Lexar 633x 64gb as it Died after a week. A second Died a few months later and was replaced By Lexar–Although it took about Three and a half weeks to get it and it looks like I got a refurbished one. So far that one has been working but it makes me nervous, I decided to purchase only the transcend high endurance models from now on even though they're expensive. I've been using half a dozen of those (64 GB) for almost a year now without problem.

Lexar is leaving the removable memory business so I suspect their warranty will become meaningless soon :( And there have been several reports of problems with their recent production 633x 64GB cards so perhaps another card would be a better choice ;)

Phil

today my Lexar 633x 200gb died, worked for 5 weeks :eek: after a previous replacement by Lexar. this time I counted the corrupted files - on #6 the card went into a "write protected" mode. :eek: and this is about 7th or 8th time Lexar 633x cards die on A119, most of them 128gb, and 3 times 200gb. and every time I send a card to Lexar for a (possible) replacement - I pay for delivery, then I wait for about 3 weeks, during which I use my spares - Transcend Ultimum 64gb (never had a single problem with them).
save your money and nerves and make a good choice by choosing the right memory card for your dash camera. :)

I second on the Samsung EVO Select. #OCDtronic has moved them as well. I am using a Samsung Pro 64GB but I had it on hand, and no issues.

I purchased the 128gb EVO+ U3 with my Viofo and although I've only had it for several weeks, it seems to be working well up to this point.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Johnny Olsen A119 8
R A119 24
troels A119 102
Back