F800 does not like Lexar 633x 64GB card

Yoon

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I'm using Lexar 633x 64GB microSD for my F800.

I noticed that when the car and F800 start, it intermittently gives memory card error. It says that format is required, then reboots. It sometimes starts recording fine after a few reboots. Sometimes it just keeps repeating the same error and reboots.

I tried the Thinkware 16GB card that came with F800. No memory card errors so far.

I thought Lexar 633x microSD was one of the compatible memory cards for Thinkware..
I'll probably return Lexar and get something else. Any recommendations?

Last edited:
Oddly enough even though thinkware advertise the F800 as ok with 128GB they don't as far as I can find sell one!!

I'll just return Lexar and get the Thinkware brand memory card..

My local agent suggested Stronium Nitro 64GB/128GB for stability.

Stick with thinkware. They want their money.

Just checked. 2 Lexar SD card made in Taiwan does not work. The one purchased back in Apr that's made in Korea appears to work.

I fully agree they want your money, but if you buy a genuine thinkware card that doesn't work in a thinkware cam you get money back, if you buy other make that doesn't work you have a nice ornament and don't get your money back, seriously for the small price difference over the lifetime of the card would it not be worth paying a bit more for no hassle ?
Each of course makes their own mind up, must work out around 5 cents a week!!

12 months ago there was a big price difference which made theirs look very costly, good quality cards are pricey right now anyway, close enough to not really worry, just buy their branded cards and be done with it

Brought 2 Lexar 633x 64GB SDXC card that say "Made in Korea" on the package. Opened 1 of them and so far it works on the F800. This card might be the "better" ones.

I just grabbed a Thinkware brand memory car
Brought 2 Lexar 633x 64GB SDXC card that say "Made in Korea" on the package. Opened 1 of them and so far it works on the F800. This card might be the "better" ones.
lucky you found the made in korea cards! I can't find one in Toronto :(

Well, I went to London Drugs and for some odd reason they have them. Heck the sales rep didn't even notice that they were made in Korea and now made in Taiwan.

Who makes Thinkware cards? I find it hard to believe that their Chinese no-name cards are good and Lexar's are somehow "not good".

On June 26th, 2017, Micron, the parent company of Lexar, announced it will be discontinuing the Lexar retail removable media storage business and is for sale.
Lexar's websites states: Micron has discontinued sales of Lexar products.

Good news: reduced prices on current inventory everywhere (check Product UPC label for "Product of Korea")
Bad news: many fake knock-off Lexar cards being sold

Back