Nextbase 412gw

Martin Hickey

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just bought a Nxttbase 412gw and I was woundering the best way to charge the dashcam out of the car I could not see anything in the manual about charging it out of the car any ideas wellcome

looks like it uses some proprietary connection. why do you need to charge it outside the car?

Until I can get the dashcam hard wired in the car I need to get the dashcam charged up full

unofficially it can be charged off the older style micro-usb phone chargers at home, however, the quoted battery life of dashcams is usually nowhere near accurate (Mio, for example, say theirs last an hour, but tend to die after 15 minutes). Cant you use the included 12v car charger??

You can also use a mobile phone power-bank to power the dashcam in the car usually for however long you need if you can't use the car's 12v for whatever reason... while I was using an extra dashcam in my car where I didn't have a 12v socket free I used an old 2500mah EE powerbar, did the job for a temporary measure

The only useful point of the battery in a dashcam is for the moments after an incident where you might want to remove the dashcam from the car to get footage of the exterior of damaged vehicles...

I seem to remember it charges when plugged into pc, you can always select no to pc connection option on pc or cam and it will still charge, or just buy a li-on jump pack useful to have anyway and charge from that

Back