A119 Firmware

If your concern is that the A119 will stop recording when no G-sensor or Motion Detection triggers are sensed for 1.5 minutes instead of continuously recording in Time-lapse until the next G-sensor trigger, then your concern is valid. However, if one is concerned about power consumption, continuous Time-lapse recording with no G-sensor or Motion Detection activity is not the better option.
You understood completely wrong.
I want that in Parking Mode the camera records permanently in time lapse with X fps and triggers to normal recording using G sensor or motion detection for 1:30 sec.
This is useful.How the camera works now in parking mode is useless,because it has no buffer and if something happens it wil be not recorded.
Who has concerns about power consumption in parking mode should buy a good battery or consider not to use a camera that has a useless parking mode.
You guys must understand that a camera without buffer will always take a few seconds to start recording.99% of the triggering events that causes the camera to wake up will be lost...
And a camera in parking mode uses also power...

Last edited:
You guys must understand that a camera without buffer will always take a few seconds to start recording.99% of the triggering events that causes the camera to wake up will be lost...
It takes half a second on my A119. I have a lot of parking mode 5fps videos of people passing by my car right in front of it

Well,thats weierd because just few posts earlier you are saying something different...
that was a glitch I think. It works as supposed to now after firmware reinstallation.
It's quite annoying though that one can easily break dashcam behaviour by "wrong" sequence of actions like changing cards, settings etc. Parking mode is still in a pre-prod stage

I want that in Parking Mode the camera records permanently in time lapse with X fps and triggers to normal recording using G sensor or motion detection.
The A119 firmware V3.1 Parking Mode does not currently do that.
This is useful.How the camera works now in parking mode is useless,because it has no buffer and if something happens it wil be not recorded
Usefulness depends on what you want and expect the device to do. This is a free add-on feature for the dash cam that I purchased, is not the reason I purchased the camera, and certainly has it's limitations. It is well known I think that there is no pre-buffered Video recording on the A119, at least I have stated that on several occasions in this forum and discussed the consequences.
Who has concerns about power consumption in parking mode should buy a good battery or consider not to use a camera that has a useless parking mode.
I can only guess that are a few folks who use their car battery as a power source with the ignition off that might be concerned about their car battery being drained too much or worry that their battery discharge prevention device will shut the dash cam down all together.
Yes this has been discussed on this forum already. In Standby Mode (not recording), instantaneous events with no aftermath in the camera field of view will be missed. Initial events causing a switch from Time-lapse to Normal recording should be captured by the Time-lapse recording, but a 2-3 second gap has been noted switching to Normal recording.

Then,if you dont really know how it works,how you can say it works as supposed?What are you smoking pal?:p
it's still not legal here in AU, so... nothing ;)

Yes this has been discussed on this forum already. In Standby Mode (not recording), instantaneous events with no aftermath in the camera field of view will be missed. Initial events causing a switch from Time-lapse to Normal recording should be captured by the Time-lapse recording, but a 2-3 second gap has been noted switching to Normal recording.
Well,on 2 different cameras I have(3 actually,but one I dont want to touch or modify in any way) the same result:inconsistent switch-on to recording from standby in Parking mode.It is anywhere between 3 to 15 sec.Dont no why.I also didnt purchased the A119 especially for parking mode,but for Timelapse.
Combining the features of Time lapse with other functions will lead to a very useful Parking mode which will work for me and for other users that are forced to leave their cars on not known areas...
DDPai M6 plus has exactly this.It does not have however 2.4k and this is important also for me.

@viofo, A request please.
It’s wonderful that you are upgrading the firmware and adding new features. That’s one of the things that makes your camera such a good purchase. I do request that that instead of five lines of description, you describe in much greater detail how the new changes will affect the operation of the camera. For example, to operate some of the buttons after 3.1, one button push initiates the button command, whereas previously it took 2. Since this is a fundamental change of how the camera operates I feel that it is very important for you to describe in detail what changes are being made so no mistakes are made in the critical operation of the camera. I realize it will take some extra time and effort but otherwise you leave all of that to us to figure out–often we don’t a very good job of it since we’re not as familiar with what’s going on as you are. So please, provide more detailed information regarding what the new firmware updates do to affect the basic operation of the camera. Thank you.

Odd that the Viofo support site doesn't list #7.
Here's the word from Viofo regarding V3.3 firmware. Not sure what the green power light issue was.
So @viofo (or anyone else) can you tell us what changed between V3.1 and V3.3 firmware?
It mainly solve the problems that some customers report that power button will give green light and also solve the problem sometimes there will appear "xxxxxx" on the screen and get stuck.

Dear VIOFO!
Consider adding a short beep when you turn off the power! The DVR has a supercapacitor. If the power supply to the DVR is no longer served (for some reason), then you can find out about this only by specifically checking the DVR. This is inconvenient because it is not visible behind the rearview mirror.
A sound signal will be a good help in that. o_O

Dear VIOFO!
Consider adding a short beep when you turn off the power! The DVR has a supercapacitor. If the power supply to the DVR is no longer served (for some reason), then you can find out about this only by specifically checking the DVR. This is inconvenient because it is not visible behind the rearview mirror.

I agree that this could be useful. My camera shut down mid-drive a few weeks back because the plug wiggled out of the 12V socket and I missed being able to get a video snippet of some wildlife that came across my path. I had no idea that the camera was down. Maybe even code that beep as morse code for SOS (dot dot dot dash dash dash dot dot dot). Of course, the option to turn this off would be desirable to a lot of folks as well.

Dear VIOFO!
This has been talked about before. Last I heard, it's a limitation with the SDK from Novatek.

I've had other novatek based cameras that played the same sound at startup and shutdown. That would be useful here, and much less annoying than Morse code on your regular drives.

I remember Mini0903 played sounds at startup and shutdown (maybe even 0906?)

Back