Hit & run causes car to get stuck under big rig

one of the reasons I go out on my leisurely drives is that on the off chance I witness a hit and run, I have the freedom to go and chase the idiots that cause this to happen

I hope the raw footage shows their plates clearly

The offending cars have damage from the accident that will help identify the car if found quickly. Identifying the actual drivers is another problem.
Did a passenger side air bag inflate on on the Inifiniti? What is the white thing you see in the passenger window as it ran away? :16 mark.

For once the BMW driver wasn't at fault :rolleyes:

It didn't register at first that the first video posted is 'reversed'. :)

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...le-Colton-Westbound-10-Freeway-439805163.html

(One news type seems baffled how a 'dashcam' can be pointed backwards) :)

Here is what is probably the 'original' video, posted by the son of the lady in the BMW.

"My mom was Side swiped and pinned under the trailer of a semi truck.. After all of that, the person in the Infinity still had the audacity to leave the scene. Justice will be served and karma will catch up to you guaranteed. Thankfully my mom was able to walk away from the incident with only minor cuts and bruises. Thank you Jose for catching this evidence on your dash cam and pulling over to help aid my mom, I appreciate your kindness. It means a lot to our family. "

Last edited:
Sickening. I've seen many people driving with the same attitude, but never taken so far.
It's one of the reasons I try to adjust my position so it's either easy for someone to pull in front of me ... or impossible. Nothing in between.
Having said that, it wasn't exactly possible to cut in front of the BMW, so ...

I hope the raw footage shows their plates clearly
I hope so as well. I always cringe when I see a any hit and run on YouTube. I always wonder to myself what I would do. if I seen something like this happen and part of me wants to go of course I would chase after that guy, but in the moment things happen so fast. On top of that I might be able to catch someone in my Camaro, (LS1 V8) In my Subaru? Not so much.

I have actually had one of those what do I do moments. I was behind a car at a mall. (In my Subaru) Two people were arguing and yelling at each other. The person got in the car and sped off. At first I thought maybe there was a fight, and the person was trying to get away to keep things from getting physical. I then thought maybe I should turn around and ask just in case.

After asking I come to learn that the lady that got in the car had stolen from the store. I gave loss prevention a clip showing my car behind the robber and never herd anything after that. Now that I have all the facts sometimes I go man I wish I would have gone after the car to get a better view of the plate, but sometimes things just don't play out how we would wish.

Sorry for hughjacking the thread a little. I wish the best for the lady who got injured in the accident.

One of the news reports said they have the infiniti and driver, but not much else.
The other car is probably a Mazda, but looks like should have some damage.

Yes, 'stolen'.

“A citizen saw it on social media, recognized the vehicle, alerted us to where the vehicle was located (Friday morning) in the city of San Bernardino and we recovered the vehicle,” said Sgt. Joe Corney with the CHP. “However, the driver fled.”

The Infiniti seen striking the BMW on Wednesday afternoon had been reported stolen, Corney said. Authorities are searching for the hit-and-run driver.

http://www.sbsun.com/general-news/2...-chain-reaction-crash-on-10-freeway-in-colton

“We’re working leads to arrest him,” he said, but would not provide a name of the suspect.

(One news type seems baffled how a 'dashcam' can be pointed backwards) :)
Worst than that was the reporter's answer: "That driver turned it (the dashcam) over to the family so that hopefully someone can recognize that Infinity and then justice can be served."

There are so many things wrong in that phrase that I'm not even going to bother listing them. But if any of you want to, go ahead. :cool:

This one happened the other day along Interstate 10 in Rialto, CA.

Two vehicles racing each other caused another vehicle to crash under a big rig.

So, did California secretly switch to LHD? :D

It didn't register at first that the first video posted is 'reversed'. :)

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...le-Colton-Westbound-10-Freeway-439805163.html
Ah, that's better! ;)

Two things that caught my attention:
1- Everybody slowing down or stopping in the middle of the other side of the highway. That grinds my gears so badly! :mad:
2- A man walking straight in front of the white car right at the end of the video. I guess we'll never know if he got run over or not...

1) Just buy a better ( sharper ) dash cam ...
2) Do you have the driver skill to CHASE ? ( Most people don't )
3) What ever you decide - you need to think of the consequences ( Possible )
4) Is it possible to follow discreetly ?
5) A better sharper dash cam is probably the safer bet .... ( still waiting on 2560 x 1440 @ 60FPS )

4) Is it possible to follow discreetly ?

I wasent good at that last night, so the unmarked cop car i was following was suddenly behind me and pulled me over :D

But it was okay i got him to pull out their overpriced and ridiculous flashlight, and then i pulled my Manker U21 :p and just to be sure i pulled the Convoy BD06 from the car too.

The cop was a little :eek: when i said you just wait and see for then i get the Q8 it will make these look like a lit lighter :)

I wasent good at that last night, so the unmarked cop car i was following was suddenly behind me and pulled me over :D

But it was okay i got him to pull out their overpriced and ridiculous flashlight, and then i pulled my Manker U21 :p and just to be sure i pulled the Convoy BD06 from the car too.

The cop was a little :eek: when i said you just wait and see for then i get the Q8 it will make these look like a lit lighter :)

Are unmarked cop cars easy to spot for you? Our "unmarked" cop cars actually stand out a mile!

It actually bothers me that I don't ever get pulled over, not that I do things wrong, I genuinely don't when I drive, but it'd be reassuring if it happened a few times, knowing there are still police about, watching the streets.

So, did California secretly switch to LHD? :D
Maybe they found that driving on the right is known to cause cancer?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

@DashcamDPR
The unmarked cars here have become much harder to spot, but i have for a long while when i was young been the kind of person that regard police as "the enemy" so i cen still feel when they are around.

Dont have a rear camera at the moment so no video of the VW passat they was driving, but here is my other encounter not long ago.

I wasnent wise to this Merc as it was a new one just a few days old, but when it turned like that i was right on them.

Today you can still spot the extra blinkers in the grill and some times in wing mirrors and sides, and then offcourse they also have blacked out rear windows in the estates they mostly are ( to hide the blinkers inside the rear window )

Another undercover capture, you will see his blinkers in action in the end.

And a encounter of mine with the painted cars.

I find myself driving behind police cars more often than they follow me. Sometimes we go along the same route for miles and at every set of red lights I creep up right behind them. I'm sure it freaks them out. It's quite fun really.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

While it is a small town i live in, then at night i do think they have like 4-5 cars on the street.
And though it is Randers international get ****faced week, then this time of they they do stand out like a sore thumb, so i was on to them even before they reached the intersection to turn right.

The VW passat in question was pretty much like the painted car above and as you can see in the pic their blue LED blinkers in the grill are easy to spot. and also you can just make out the blinkers on the front corners, many of the undercover cars have the same Lighting scheme aside for the bar on top.

In general if you want cops to stop you just look at them, dunno why that set them off, like we are supposed to feel submissive to them as a stand up citizen.
I always eyeball them, but the 3 times i have been pulled over in the past 3 years are also the first times since the Mid 90ties where i got pulled over a lot until i complained to the police chief, cuz it can be i have to get pulled over every time i get home from work, and it was like that for a while when i got home to Aarhus at 4-5 in the morning.
BUT ! complaining to police chief made it impossible for me to get stopped for a long time though i also eyeballed them back then even though i was often driving more or less stoned.

Last edited:
Back