Adding another capacitor to dash camera?

lightsunglasses

Reaction score
Country
Argentina
I have a similar problem that a lot of people have mentioned. The camera will turn off when I'm cranking the engine and fails to turn back on after the engine is on.

Would it be possible to add another capacitor to somewhere along the line; so that the camera will have enough power during the engine cranking process? Or would that not solve the problem?

Which version of the A118C do you have? The capacitor in all probability was an afterthought and the installed firmware isn't suited for one with a capacitor.

The VIOFO version doesn't shut off when the engine goes from ACC to Ignition.

Is that true? No problems with the camera turning off while the engine is cranking? Is it possible I have a fake camera?

Is that true? No problems with the camera turning off while the engine is cranking? Is it possible I have a fake camera?
yes there are fakes out there. if your firmware version starts with B40 then that's one sign that it's a fake. if you open the case and check the main chip, a real one should say NOVATEK. There are several other vendor chips being used on the knock-off versions to save money. they aren't as capable, and can't run the genuine viofo firmware either.

I have a similar problem that a lot of people have mentioned. The camera will turn off when I'm cranking the engine and fails to turn back on after the engine is on.

Would it be possible to add another capacitor to somewhere along the line; so that the camera will have enough power during the engine cranking process? Or would that not solve the problem?

what's the current firmware version?

Checking the firmware # shows B40.20160311.001

Is that too old?

Checking the firmware # shows B40.20160311.001

Is that too old?

that's the copy version of the camera, not sure if there is a firmware that is going to help you, you can add a timer delay circuit to the power supply which can help you avoid the problem though

If the voltage drops too low during cranking surely this is going to stop any camera ?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Victor O A118 (B40) 19
Back