Action Cam Questions From A Newbie

Nobody can do better that their 'tools' will allow them to do, but there's no point in having 'more tool' than you can use well. I'm not a photographer by any stretch of the imagination but I know what I am capable of so I'd never choose a complex camera that I couldn't use to it's fullest. I get more and better pics using lesser cameras which require far less input from me ;)

As this is the beginning of a hobby you want something which will be useful both now and later and if you stay with chasing you'll be buying better equipment later on, so my suggestion is a good mid-to-high level cam which you can handle well. Later on it will still be good enough for a second perspective or as a 'set and forget' cam. If the hobby fades you're not out of a lot of money and such a cam will still be very useful in many other applications. With chasing any good cam wielded well is sufficient as even the best ones won't help unless you're in the right place at the right time. That's what matters most of all, and then the view will be so clear that a perfect cam isn't absolutly needed :)

Phil

Back