Has anyone purchased filters for their Yi 4k?

jake14mw

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi all,

Just purchased a Yi 4K camera. It's not even here yet. Have any of you used any filters with your Yi 4k? From what I have read, since the FOV is so wide, many filters would cause vinietting. I'm looking to see if anyone has found any filters that work. I am planning on using it at the beach a lot, and on a bright sunny day, I think an ND filter would help to bring the shutter speed down and prevent the video from looking choppy. Thanks for any help.

There seems to be a lot of filters for the 4k camera in Ebay.
Last year there was none and I bought an adapter for gopro 58mm standard filters. It needs to be slightly polished to fit the Yi 4K camera.

I think these have no vigneting because they are small and the filter comes so close to the lens. But what is the quality, it is other question.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/322358136856
https://www.ebay.com/itm/292156447252

Thanks, I ordered the first one. I'd love to hear from anyone with any experience or opinion on this.

Thanks, I ordered the first one. I'd love to hear from anyone with any experience or opinion on this.
The lens ring outer diameter on all the action cams varies greatly. As long as the filter adapter ring fits well down to the lens ring/camera junction vignetting won't be a problem, especially with the 58mm size filter. If you can see the lens ring flush with the adapter you're good. I have used a dremel tool on the previously mentioned Gopro filter adapter to fit my SJ 7. After sanding away more than a mm and polishing with 1500 wet/dry paint finishing paper. Those who are buying 37 mm filters/adapters will have vignetting often. The edges of that small size will be in the camera's field of view. Using 52 mm with my original Yi cam in case I have to change the FOV to the 120 degree setting.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Yi 4K Action Camera 0