Some power issues with my two Mobius cams

sam81

Reaction score
Country
United States
When I first got them, they were able to record without external power for about an hour or so. Now they can't seem to hold a charge at all. Is this typical? Do their batteries typically die after a certain point from keeping a charge?

Additionally, the camera seems to have an issue where it doesn't keep the video when the power is cut. In the past, it kept them. Now when external power is cut, no video files. I'm wondering if this is tied to the first issue above where the lack of battery power is preventing it from writing the video when external power is cut.

Lastly, it won't record the current time even though Sync Time is set to yes in the utility. It keeps a 12/31/2011 date.

I've been testing with both my car and a Duracell external power cell via USB.

you can buy the replacement batteries for them quite cheap

Is that the cause behind my issues? The batteries are incapable of holding further charge?

Is that the cause behind my issues? The batteries are incapable of holding further charge?

they can certainly do odd things when the batteries fail, they will fail quickly when they do also, replacement batteries are only a few dollars each for these so not an expensive experiment

The new 820 mAh battery for the Mobius will power the camera for approximately two hours or more.

And yes, it does sound like you need new batteries.

The new 820 mAh battery for the Mobius will power the camera for approximately two hours or more.

And yes, it does sound like you need new batteries.

Is that also affecting the time issue?

Banggood has the Mobius replacment battery for what appears to be the lowest price, $4.82 USD. In fact, I just ordered one from them that arrived last week. It was shipped the day after ordering and arrived 16 days later. (Bangood has shown much improvement recently as to whether items are or are not in stock and to whether they really get shipped when promised.)

Yes, the battery holds the time and date settings.

Banggood has the Mobius replacment battery for what appears to be the lowest price, $4.82 USD. In fact, I just ordered one from them that arrived last week. It was shipped the day after ordering and arrived 16 days later. (Bangood has shown much improvement recently as to whether items are or are not in stock and to whether they really get shipped when promised.)

Yes, the battery holds the time and date settings.

Thanks! Any idea how long the new 820mAh battery may last?

Thanks! Any idea how long the new 820mAh battery may last?

Depends on usage and storage conditions. I carry a Mobius in my pocket that gets plenty of use and the battery that is in it has been in use for at least a year now and shows no sign of diminished performance. One older 520 mAh Mobius battery started to swell after about two years so I replaced it but at the time it was still powering the camera adequately. YMMV, but a new battery should last you quite a while. The nice thing with the Mobius is that the battery is a piece of cake to replace and is very affordable.

Depends on usage and storage conditions. I carry a Mobius in my pocket that gets plenty of use and the battery that is in it has been in use for at least a year now and shows no sign of diminished performance. One older 520 mAh Mobius battery started to swell after about two years so I replaced it but at the time it was still powering the camera adequately. YMMV, but a new battery should last you quite a while. The nice thing with the Mobius is that the battery is a piece of cake to replace and is very affordable.

One last question- What size screw driver should I look for to unscrew its case? I thought I had some slim drivers but they're still too thick to fit the hole.

go to a dollar store and pickup a set of those jewellers screwdrivers, generally come in a blue case with a clear lid

Kinda cool how you can see if the prop is speeding up or slowing.

Excellent choice of music, BTW!

Back