GS 8000L

Collin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bought 2 of these cameras but unable to get cameras to record I am using SD32 GB number 10 micro card, don't understand symbols in the menu as they don't appear in the operation manual which is somewhat vague to say the least. Would appreciate settings from a working camera.

What seller did you purchase from?

What brand of card?

Are you looking at English text in the menus?? If so what's the issue?

I've the 8000l novatek chip with the four ir lamps on front. I use a 32gb sandisk with no issues. Cam runs 24/7

Bought on ebay from stephuno 2009 Manchester. Uk
Micro SDHC 10 32gb card is a Kingston used in all cameras.
Also bought a carcam corder FHD 1080P
I am looking at the English text my issue is there is no explanation for the settings and the icons on the screen, for instance what is?
plate number setting ? Cluster Wrong ? Also a letter P on a blue back ground.
From the description of your camera that seems to be the same as mine.
Although the record icon says it recording its not and that applies to all the cameras the common denominator to the 3 cameras is the SD cards, its highly un lightly that I have 3 faulty cameras.

well, i have english as the language on the card and every function is explained.

can you take a photo of the icons you are asking about and I will be happy to let you know what they mean. i use this camera 24/7 and have been for weeks with no issues on a 32gb sandisk card. full hd.

I have the 8000l , it is all in Chinese how do I change it to English. I'm about to throw it in the bin !

There should be a menu option to select English, turn it on without a memory card in it if you have trouble accessing the menu, you may have to go with a bit of trial and error with each menu option if you're not familiar with what to look for but it's not that hard

Once it's in English you can go back and check any settings you may have got wrong while poking around

There should be a menu option to select English, turn it on without a memory card in it if you have trouble accessing the menu, you may have to go with a bit of trial and error with each menu option if you're not familiar with what to look for but it's not that hard

Once it's in English you can go back and check any settings you may have got wrong while poking around
Have tried every button in every sequence for at least an hour, even hit the reset button with no difference . I did buy it off the "Wish " site which is Chinese, maybe it doesn't have a English option

Odd to not have an English option but can happen, not a great model though unfortunately so hard to get any support for them

Odd to not have an English option but can happen, not a great model though unfortunately so hard to get any support for them
Thanks anyway ( might have to learn Chinese or find some one who can read it )

Keep in mind the menu often have more than one page so you might have to press menu more than once when you first enter the settings to get to subsequent menu pages, language option is generally on the second menu if it's a Novatek chipset model

You wouldn't be the first person that has asked for help at their local Chinese restaurant ;)
Mate I never thought of the Chinese restaurant . Great thinking outside the box ( or camera ) Thanks again !

Might want to see if there is some YouTube video on the GS8000. Maybe a review or something. If they show you the menu setup in the video you might be able to figure out where the language setting is.

Back