Street Guardian SG9665GC v2 Dashcam - Review + Install

@harsh, thanx for valuable information, but I haven't seen the videos yet as careful viewing needs time. I am also happy to note that your experience has been good with SG. I am quite inclined to buy it, but for its price and hoping that something better & cheaper may come to the market. How did you get it by the way? I have seen Amazon.in showing v2 with Rs28k tag. Can I get it cheaper if someone buys from USA? And what do you think of Transcend dashcams? I have those too in my mind, but very few dashcams come with CPL filters & Parking modes.

@Ravi_M I have a few open box, triple QA checked V3 units I can send you at a discount. If that works for you, send me a private message or support email. Shipping to India is no problem.

@harsh & other Members, I am looking for affordable dashcam ($100-150 or Rs 8000 to 15000) and was very much interested in rear-view-mirror based dashcam also. A big doubt is about the quality of view through the lens - does the position closer to wind-screen or away make a difference? RVM based dashcam is away from the wind-screen, while SG & Viofo 119 type dashcams are almost touching it and may perform better, in my view.

Any advice?

Thanx a lot @Street Guardian USA for a quick offer. I would be very happy to accept, but how do I PM you or write email? Email ID? And what about custom-duty etc? Because, I hope buying in India would not involve custom duty (or it is included in the price shown on Amazon site). Can you check this?

Click the inbox in the upper right. I just sent you a private message with details. I’ve shipped many cameras to India.

...was very much interested in rear-view-mirror based dashcam also. A big doubt is about the quality of view through the lens - does the position closer to wind-screen or away make a difference? RVM based dashcam is away from the wind-screen, while SG & Viofo 119 type dashcams are almost touching it and may perform better, in my view.

Any advice?
My experience is the closer to the windscreen the worse the reflections become. There was a discussion on this subject some time back so I did a bit of informal experimentation. The results are here: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...n-the-right-cameras.20413/page-10#post-277887

@harsh, thanx for valuable information, but I haven't seen the videos yet as careful viewing needs time. I am also happy to note that your experience has been good with SG. I am quite inclined to buy it, but for its price and hoping that something better & cheaper may come to the market. How did you get it by the way? I have seen Amazon.in showing v2 with Rs28k tag. Can I get it cheaper if someone buys from USA? And what do you think of Transcend dashcams? I have those too in my mind, but very few dashcams come with CPL filters & Parking modes.

I bought it on eBay AU from Strathfield Radios and my friend carried it back. Street Guardian USA's listings on eBay or Amazon would work out the cheapest with shipping to India.

From what I've seen on YT and read on Indian car forums, Transcend's capacitor based models are alright, not many reports of unreliability, video quality is not the best though. Advantage is local manufacturer warranty.

"04. Add Auto calibration function in low light situations"

Update 5's auto calibration feature for low light has taken care of the lone hot pixel.

Very dark on left and right of vehicle when there are no street lights.
Probably because if there's no light there's nothing to record.

Probably because if there's no light there's nothing to record.
yes that makes sense but I also have a SG9665GC V2 and even when I drive on a unlit street I can still see on either side of car. Not good, but good enough to actually have the recording for insurance purposes. But that video it was completely blacked out on either side. Maybe it had to do with how dark a sky is at night Maybe feedback from other SG9665GC V2 owners will submit

Back