Xiaoyi Yi Action Camera - problem with splitted files...

jelennn

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Hello,

This is my problem:

I have Z23L camera and 64 GB SanDisk Ultra MicroSD XC class 10. Today I did test with H2testw. Results:

Warning: Only 60873 of 60874 MByte tested.
Test finished without errors.
You can now delete the test files *.h2w or verify them again.
Writing speed: 8.75 MByte/s
Reading speed: 3.27 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4

Writing speed 8.75 MB/s ~ 70 Mb/s. Should be enough for "35Mbs" recording with WaffleV8.2_for_fw156 ??? I tried a lot of config an all the time I have splitted video with different size (once 200 mb, once 80 mb, once 400 mb, once 50 mb). I also tried change mod to "25Mbs" and "20Mbs" and all the time I had same results.

What do you think about it? Is my sd card not enough for this camera? Or where is the problem? H2testw seems to this card is OK. Or am I wrong?

Exactly the same effect I got when turning on the camera without any scripts. A million files of very small size. I do not know what to do next? Even better memory card will help?

Also I have problem with battery indicator. On newest firmware 1.5.6 all the time I have 0% icon in app. On different batteries. On previous firmware (for example v1.0.0, v1.0.9) battery percent was correct. Now always 0% and don't know how charged battery is.

Thanks in advance!

What matters is not so much the Class 10 anymore but the Speed Rating. Even the U class marks are a bit of a farce as U1 can be anything from 30mbs to 90mbs which is higher than U3!!

A Class 10 should be 10Mbs minimum. Your tested card is already below that.

For 1080P 60, the recommended card speed is 30Mbs minimum.

I would suggest there's probably an issue with your card. Also, I don't believe Sandisk are warrantied for use with car cameras.

Personally, I'd get a new Micro SD Card. Go for a "High Endurance" version of memory not performance, as these are better suited to mulitple re-writes. Equally get the highest speed rating you can within the High Endurance cards you can find. Ignore the Class beyond making sure the Card is Class 10 U1 or U3 minimum. Instead look at the read / write speeds claimed.

I use a Lexar High Endurance Class 10 UHS-1 (95Mbs) card in my dashcam and have zero problems with HD. However, these are discontinued and so may be hard to find.

What matters is not so much the Class 10 anymore but the Speed Rating. Even the U class marks are a bit of a farce as U1 can be anything from 30mbs to 90mbs which is higher than U3!!

A Class 10 should be 10Mbs minimum. Your tested card is already below that.

For 1080P 60, the recommended card speed is 30Mbs minimum.

I would suggest there's probably an issue with your card. Also, I don't believe Sandisk are warrantied for use with car cameras.

Personally, I'd get a new Micro SD Card. Go for a "High Endurance" version of memory not performance, as these are better suited to mulitple re-writes. Equally get the highest speed rating you can within the High Endurance cards you can find. Ignore the Class beyond making sure the Card is Class 10 U1 or U3 minimum. Instead look at the read / write speeds claimed.

I use a Lexar High Endurance Class 10 UHS-1 (95Mbs) card in my dashcam and have zero problems with HD. However, these are discontinued and so may be hard to find.

Thanks for your reply. That was my assumption, but you confirmed it. Tell me one thing more.. In H2testw can I see all values with MByte/s? If yes - 8.75 MByte/s = ~70,00 MBit/s. Or am I wrong? In your reply you all the time wrote Mb/s, not MB/s. So what's true? Card is enough or not?

Back