Another Tablet question.

In the grand scheme of things it seel like many use their phone for just about everything, but in regard to video what they edit and post are ADD videos meaning they are 30 seconds or less.
And for their photos they just have some app that can add big eyes whiskers and dog ears to their selfies and then everything are alright. :rolleyes:

Unlike my friend i dont have my tablet in the car all the time, and i some times do use it at home ( not factoring in the CCTV use )
But then we talk modern day scenario of bringing the newspaper to the toilet.

Yesterday i went wayyyyy out of my comfort zone ( you just have to do that once in a while ) and created a account on tumblr :eek: i am not going to use the blogging part of the site but figured i would use it for a pictures and maybe the occasional video.

If anybody else are there, or just feel like doing a little stalking on this weird Dane, you can find me here. https://www.tumblr.com/blog/nimbustedreams.
See the fun i had naming my blog, pulling 3 words together to form one ( Nimbus old Danish motorcycle ) ( busted as in broken ) and Dreams like i got plenty of those.
So you have options, you can pronounce it Nimbus - ted - reams or Nim - busted - reams and others :D

O BTW If i am going on that 128 Km walk next year i will have to keep you guys and myself updated via my phone, but in day to day dealings of life no way in hell would i access this site on my phone or tablet.

Who took Changeling on your blog for username ?

Last edited:
Free is always good. I was so caught up mentally in a tablet I forgot that Linux has a lot of video editors, so that solves that problem, maybe, till something else pops up.:D:rolleyes:.
I have an appointment tomorrow to get the wiring in the Vico Plus switched to the fuse panel :cautious::cool:!

Between Openshot and WINE you could do it all for free without having to buy a tablet at ALL!.......but I think you should buy a tablet anyway even if you decide do everything on your desktop. You'll love having a tablet for more reasons than just the Mobius. :)

I received this when I went to the Lenovo home page, no idea how good it is but it's worth a try.

For some reason I couldn't send a Link to the coupon. You might go to Lenovo's home page and see if you get the offer coupon on their products for up to $100.00.
Go to home page, click on products, click on all tablets, and then the coupon might appear. they say it is limited, but who knows!
http://www3.lenovo.com/us/en/

Last edited:
Between Openshot and WINE you could do it all for free without having to buy a tablet at ALL!.......but I think you should buy a tablet anyway even if you decide do everything on your desktop. You'll love having a tablet for more reasons than just the Mobius. :)
Wine is a big PITA. I will need the tablet for adventures in Court, to show the judge and jurors as it would be easy to pass around vs a laptop which someone would invariably press a button to screw something up.
The desktop should be fine for for editing the video output. As soon as I can get another keyboard, when typing pressing one letter might get you another and so on, maybe if I turn it upside down and beat all the fried chicken crumbs out of it, it will work better, you think:D:cool:.

Last edited:
Wine is a big PITA. I will need the tablet for adventures in Court, to show the judge and jurors as it would be easy to pass around vs a laptop which someone would invariably press a button to screw something up.
The desktop should be fine for for editing the video output. As soon as I can get another keyboard, when typing pressing one letter might get you another and so on, maybe if I turn it upside down and beat all the fried chicken crumbs out of it, it will work better, you think:D:cool:.

You're probably right about WINE being a PITA although I think the more recent installation packages may avoid or require less command line stuff (not sure as I've not tried it). I guess I suggested WINE because once you got it up and running it would be a way to run mSetup on your PC. Sounds like your plan to edit on the desktop and use a tablet for everything else is the way to go.

Last edited:
Lola. if you're still looking.....Walmart has a Lenovo A3 8 Tablet for $79. It has better specs than the A3 essential, runs android 6.0 instead of 5. 8 inch screen.
The amazon price on the Tab3 essential went up to 79 anyway.

I checked local walmart stores via the walmart app to see which store in the area I was in had one. About half didn't but one store said 'limited quantity'.
Went to that store, looked at the display, asked the clerk for one. He couldn't find one, although his inventory thing said they had 3.
It turns out they had just arrived on the truck 3 hours ago, and not put in the locked cabinet, still in the 'sorting' area.
He went and got one for me, and I bought it. I've been using it for a few days and like it. May be worth checking a local walmart if you are still looking. (Check online via the app or webpage, first)

http://www3.lenovo.com/us/en/tablets/android-tablets/tab3-series/Lenovo-TB3-850F/p/ZZITZTATB4F

http://www3.lenovo.com/us/en/tablets/android-tablets/tab3-series/Lenovo-TB3-850F/p/ZZITZTATB4F

(If you get a popup on the lenovo page saying 'not available' just close the popup. I think this tablet is discontinued, but walmart still has some online at at some stores for 79)

@dash riposki -
Does the above tablet work with the WR-1 apps? Might be good for me too :D

Phil

Lola. if you're still looking.....Walmart has a Lenovo A3 8 Tablet for $79. It has better specs than the A3 essential, runs android 6.0 instead of 5. 8 inch screen.
The amazon price on the Tab3 essential went up to 79 anyway.

I checked local walmart stores via the walmart app to see which store in the area I was in had one. About half didn't but one store said 'limited quantity'.
Went to that store, looked at the display, asked the clerk for one. He couldn't find one, although his inventory thing said they had 3.
It turns out they had just arrived on the truck 3 hours ago, and not put in the locked cabinet, still in the 'sorting' area.
He went and got one for me, and I bought it. I've been using it for a few days and like it. May be worth checking a local walmart if you are still looking. (Check online via the app or webpage, first)

(If you get a popup on the lenovo page saying 'not available' just close the popup. I think this tablet is discontinued, but walmart still has some online at at some stores for 79)

Thanks dash, I'll check it out immediately, Since I started looking I see quite a few new ones coming out, but they have less then the older ones, sounds like a game of some sort! As a side note they are all complaining that Tablets aren't selling, so Amazon raises the price, go figure!

Thanks dash, I'll check it out immediately, Since I started looking I see quite a few new ones coming out, but they have less then the older ones, sounds like a game of some sort! As a side note they are all complaining that Tablets aren't selling, so Amazon raises the price, go figure![/QUOT

I found one Dash, I went to Walmart online and ordered one, that way they will have to look for one if it's not available near me. Free shipping and $79.00, just like you said. It will be here Aug29.
Once again thank you very much, very considerate of you to remember.

Since its a Android tablet i think it will work fine with the app for the WR-1, the lenovo in question have Android 6.0 so it should be good to go with the WR-1 if it have a Android app, and i think the WR-1 too have a Android app.

Cool, Lola.

.Phil, the Viofo app works with no problems.
I'll try the mobius app when I get a chance. Don't see a problem, since it worked on my other Lenovo tablet of about the same specs.

I initially was looking for an inexpensive tablet for my GF to use to monitor wifi security cams I'll put in her house in a few weeks.
Now I'm thinking I'll show her the ten inch, and 8 inch, and guess she'll want the bigger one, and I'll keep the new 8.
:)

If I keep the 8 will have to get a glass screen protector and 'klutz proof' case, like I have on the 10.
:)

I tried the mobius app on my 7.1.1 phone cuz some times and for me unknown reasons my friends computer refuse to have anything to do with the mobius GUI, and then other days it work fine. o_O

First thing i did when i got my asus tablet was break the screen :rolleyes: was only a few months old when i leaned over a little in my friends Dodge with the tablet in my jacket pocket, and then the large center console in the mid 80ties ram charger took care of the rest.

Yesterday, I was in a fast food place and in walked 'Mom', "Granny', and a little girl aged 10-11. The girl was dragging something behind her as she walked on what I thought was a colored string. Like a 'pull toy'.
When I looked closely, it was a rubber encased tablet, and the string was the wire to a set of ear buds she held in her hand.

I watched and listened a bit to see if maybe the girl was a resident of a different reality, or 'challenged', but she seemed normal. (The older females, also.)

Back