Mobius C2 Help

On thinking back with my not-so-trustworthy memory, I believe I had to hit the reset a few times before it began working correctly again when it went into 'photo mode' at startup. IIRC the card was in the cam when I did this. I;m positive I had to re-do the settings. It only happened that once in 3 years of usage and I'm still not sure what the cause was.

Phil

I would start by updating the firmware and Msetup both to the latest versions and then see how you go
Alright, how would I update the firmware if the mobius is not recognised by the computer?

It says in the manual wait till it is recognised as a removable device - however due to the yellow light staying on it is not being recognised.

Firmware can be loaded from memory card directly, don't have to do it via the computer
Alright, so shall I put it into the micro sd card, put it back in and turn the camera on and wait?

Here is a video of the problem

@jokiin

I have done as above - the camera now starts up in standby mode - and I have to press the record button for it to start recording.

However, the yellow light still remains when connecting to the computer

Could you make me a customsied SYSCFG file so that I get my old settings back?

Last edited:
Not convenient for me to be able to do that for you at the moment but plenty of mobius users on here, someone else might be able to help you out

Not convenient for me to be able to do that for you at the moment but plenty of mobius users on here, someone else might be able to help you out
I've managed to restore my settings by using the settings on older SYSCFG file?

Do you have any other solutions for the problem my camera is facing atm?

Kind Regards

have you tried a different USB cable, different power supply also?

how old is the camera?

are you using battery or capacitor version?

have you tried a different USB cable, different power supply also?

how old is the camera?

are you using battery or capacitor version?

Yes, I have tried using a different computer.

using the battery.

camera is exsctly 1 yr old today.

Five days ago, I recommended trying a different USB cable and @jokiin suggested the same yesterday. Sounds like you haven't done that yet.

Troubleshooting a problem is a process of methodically eliminating the possibilities. In this case, it is either the camera's physical integrity and electronics, the camera's firmware, the memory card, the battery, the cable or the power supply. Eliminate each possibility one by one and you will find where the problem lies.

Good Afternoon @jokiin @Dashmellow

I have tried 4 different USB cables, but to no change unfortunately.

I have had a look the at battery (please find photos attached). I dont think it is swelled, as it feels firm to the touch - and I still get 2 hours recording when pressing the record button manually.

I have recently updated the firmware as per jokiins instructions, however it didnt make a difference.

Kind Regards.

20170829_163237.jpg

Your battery does look slightly swollen. It should be flat on each side not curved or rounded. Even if it still works you should consider replacing it. A swollen battery can put pressure on the buttons from behind and cause unexpected problems.

As I explained yesterday, you need to methodically eliminate each possible problem one by one.

In the meantime try this: Open the camera and carefully remove and then reinstall the ribbon cable on the lens module making certain that it is fully seated in the ribbon connector slot. Then see if anything changes with your problem.

See the Mobius support page if you need help understanding how to remove and reinstalled the lens module.

@Dashmellow Alright, I will order a new battery from banggood. To see if it is the case- can I remove the battery, and plug in the USB. Will it turn on that way?

Also, find pictures of the camera ribbon cable on the top and bottom. They look seated fine as the camera was never opened. I have done a gentle push to make sure they are in place.

As the battery will come from china I will probably have to post back once it arrives. Is there anything else we can also try in the meanwhile?

20170829_181236.jpg

20170829_181223.jpg

Above, I specifically said, "Open the camera and carefully remove and then reinstall the ribbon cable on the lens module making certain that it is fully seated in the ribbon connector slot." "Pushing" won't do anything by itself.

Flip up the black ribbon locking mechanism. Remove the lens module and inspect the ribbon and module for any possible damage or deformation, especially to the pins. Then carefully insert the ribbon fully and re-lock the mechanism. Even if there is no visible problem you may simply need to make sure all the pins are making good contact. Be careful not to kink or otherwise damage the ribbon cable. Your battery seems to be working so you can still test the camera afterwards.

Is there anything else we can also try in the meanwhile?
20170829_181223.jpg

Yesterday I listed everything you should try..."it is either the camera's physical integrity and electronics, the camera's firmware, the memory card, the battery, the cable or the power supply. Eliminate each possibility one by one and you will find where the problem lies."

Last edited:
Above, I specifically said, "Open the camera and carefully remove and then reinstall the ribbon cable on the lens module making certain that it is fully seated in the ribbon connector slot." "Pushing" won't do anything by itself.

Flip up the black ribbon locking mechanism. Remove the lens module and inspect the ribbon and module for any possible damage or deformation, especially to the pins. Then carefully insert the ribbon fully and re-lock the mechanism. Even if there is no visible problem you may simply need to make sure all the pins are making good contact. Be careful not to kink or otherwise damage the ribbon cable. Your battery seems to be working so you can still test the camera afterwards.

Alright, shall I disconnect the one on the motherboard, as there is also one connected onto the camera itself.

@Dashmellow @jokiin Hello guys. The battery arrived today, and I fitted it and it made no difference. The yellow light remains on when recieving external power. So now can rule out the battery and memory card. Next steps?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DMICS Mobius 27
R Mobius 6
L Mobius 1
Adi Mobius 7
S Mobius 3
Back