Save data externally

RalphGS

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
is there a dashcam or product which lets you save the videos on an external sd card (lets say in the fusebox where the power for the camera is connected)
In that way, IF your camera gets stolen, you still have a chance that the theft is captured on video...

I don't think there is, as yet. They'd need a data connection to some sort of cloud storage. I haven't heard much about dashcams being stolen from cars but surely it must happen in some places, it all depends on the cam. Some are unfortunately a little careless in design, in bold colours too, where you'd be asking for it to be stolen if you left it in the car in an unsecure area

Do you have a dashcam yet? There are cams you can get that are naturally stealthy and relatively unnoticeable to car thieves, there are some cams that are maybe not so small but can be positioned in a way that makes them less eye catching.

I had a G1W a while ago and used black marker to colour in the logo on the front. In my current car I've gone as far as to change my interior mirror from light grey to black, so that the black dashcam is less noticeable... But since then I bought an A118c which is naturally discreet. looks like its part of the rear view mirror

there's a few cameras with remote lenses. the SGZC12RC i use is one of them. you can install the recording unit / display anywhere you have space for it. i know some users have it hidden behind panels.

oh yeh, the koonlung k1s I forgot about too, people wouldn't even see it... but if they knew anything about the k1s they wouldn't wanna take it anyway :D

The brand new Innovv is capable of doing that. You can hide the brains up to 5 metres away. I think it's meant for motorcycles or that silly car (my opinion) they have in the demo, but you can make it fit whatever car you're driving for sure.

Yeah the C5 are made with the 2 wheeled in mind, but it can be used where you like and have a 12 V power source ( not sure if you can plug a USB power bank into the C5 )
And off course you cant hide the main unit too deep as that would make getting to the SD card once in a while a pain.

is there a dashcam or product which lets you save the videos on an external sd card (lets say in the fusebox where the power for the camera is connected)
In that way, IF your camera gets stolen, you still have a chance that the theft is captured on video...
To answer your question directly, no.

I am so looking forward to the day where i could plug a USB thumb drive or USB harddrive ( SSD ) into my dashcamera.

But as it is now that's still a dream :(

The brand new Innovv is capable of doing that. You can hide the brains up to 5 metres away. I think it's meant for motorcycles or that silly car (my opinion) they have in the demo, but you can make it fit whatever car you're driving for sure.

Is that not just the rebranded koonlung K1S though or have they brought out another one?

Is that not just the rebranded koonlung K1S though or have they brought out another one?
I think you're referring to the Innovv K1. The C5 doesn't look anything like the K1s.

I am so looking forward to the day where i could plug a USB thumb drive or USB harddrive ( SSD ) into my dashcamera.

But as it is now that's still a dream :(
➕➕➕ for this.

Back