BlackSys CH-200 2 Channel Dash Cam

sleepyguy

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I came across this cam and appears to be a brand new offer from blacksys. They say it is cheaper but offers premium services like others with lots of customization. Allows for massive SD cards! No cloud features (not sure I like a cloud given need secondary internet access to start with). Bellow is information taken from sites regarding specs and reviews.

41CCH6H8tmL.jpg

The CH-200 is the flagship 2 channel dash cam from the renowned Korean dash cam manufacturer BlackSys. It builds upon the success of the CH-100B by offering significant upgrades to the internals while keeping the body just as small and resilient in high heat environments. It is a market leader offering Full HD recording on both front and rear cameras with dual Sony EXMOR sensors, while most of its competitors still only offer 720P on the rear. Compared to its predecessor, the CH-100B, the CH-200 offers much better video quality at a higher bitrate as well, furthermore the transition to .MP4 files makes it much more user-friendly for iPhone and Mac users. Additional features like driver safety systems, larger micro SD support, and time lapse recording are welcome upgrades as well.

• Front: Full HD @ 30 FPS (1080P) | Rear: Full HD @ 30 FPS (1080P)
  • GPS
  • Included
  • PARKING MODE (CCTV MODE)
  • Built-In
  • G-SENSOR
  • Built-In
  • WIDE ANGLE VIEW
  • Front: 135° | Rear: 130°
  • OPERATING TEMPERATURE
  • -20 ~ 70 °C / -4 ~ 158° F
  • LOOP RECORDING
  • Yes
  • MAXIMUM SD CARD
  • 256GB Micro SD
  • LCD
  • N/A
  • WI-FI
  • Built-In
  • MICROPHONE
  • Built-In
  • SPEAKER
  • Built-In
  • FILE FORMAT
  • .MP4
  • COUNTRY OF ORIGIN
  • Korea Republic
  • WARRANTY
  • 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty

Above details taken from https://www.blackboxmycar.ca/collections/flash-sale/products/blacksys-ch200?variant=38470297488

Also reviewed by them,

https://www.blackboxmycar.ca/pages/blacksys-ch-200-review

Any thoughts or reviewers of dash cams that could provide further insight? It's $470 CAD which puts it same price line as thinkware 770 or blackvue 650 2 ch models.

Blackboxmycar posted a few videos on youtube. It seems like a high quality unit with a better camera sensor and processor than the blackvue 650 2ch and thinkware 770.

Customer service with Blacksys via email seems very good as well.

Sample video -

Timelapse mode seems like the best "parking mode" on the market -

Apparently it consumes less memory by doing continuous recordings. So good because my Blackvue would fill up quick if it was parked in a busy area with lots of movement.

I have the ch-200 running in my truck now. I have it running besides my F770 so i will have a direct comparison. TBH my first impression is its not as good as what I hoped for in the second half of 2017. It is decent of course at least its 1080p both front and rear but the bitrate is in the 8mbps range, compared to 11-12 mbps for the blackvue dr490/L models. I don't have a 650 anymore to compare side by side, maybe it is better than that but I have a feeling video quality wise it might be slightly lesser than other new cams coming out this year with 2ch.

i also can't for the life of me get the app to work, i connect to the wifi just fine but then it times out every time i try to change settings.

I have the ch-200 running in my truck now. I have it running besides my F770 so i will have a direct comparison. TBH my first impression is its not as good as what I hoped for in the second half of 2017. It is decent of course at least its 1080p both front and rear but the bitrate is in the 8mbps range, compared to 11-12 mbps for the blackvue dr490/L models. I don't have a 650 anymore to compare side by side, maybe it is better than that but I have a feeling video quality wise it might be slightly lesser than other new cams coming out this year with 2ch.

i also can't for the life of me get the app to work, i connect to the wifi just fine but then it times out every time i try to change settings.
Thanks @USDashCamera. Now that you've had a chance to use it for another three weeks, are you still disappointed with the CH-200?

Last edited:
I also want to know.
Sorry guys I've been so busy one hardly used it the last few weeks. I moved last week to a new apartment and I've been driving my work truck most of the time. Hoping to finally get around to get more into it this weekend.

From all the footage I've saved I feel like disappointing sounds harsh. I guess my first impression is just that this FHD +FHD is ok but would have been far more impressive last year.

I am gonna be comparing it against the f770 (don't have the f800 yet) but my impression is that the f800, f800 pro or inevitable follow up to the dr650s would be worth the wait.

I also really wish they updated the form factor, just not a fan of the design, never was with the ch-100b either tho.

Sorry guys I've been so busy one hardly used it the last few weeks. I moved last week to a new apartment and I've been driving my work truck most of the time. Hoping to finally get around to get more into it this weekend.

From all the footage I've saved I feel like disappointing sounds harsh. I guess my first impression is just that this FHD +FHD is ok but would have been far more impressive last year.

I am gonna be comparing it against the f770 (don't have the f800 yet) but my impression is that the f800, f800 pro or inevitable follow up to the dr650s would be worth the wait.

I also really wish they updated the form factor, just not a fan of the design, never was with the ch-100b either tho.
Will you say the camera is worth it? My front G1WH battery is starting to go again so I am now looking for a new camera that can handle the heat along with good video quality.

I have the BlackSys CH-200 2CH and I am not all that impressed. Either that or nearly everything is defective on this thing..

1. CAMERA WIFI - NOT happy that you have to put the car into RUN in order to run the wifi. I have to either run the engine, to put it to RUN which means I am wasting battery power. With BLACKVUE you only needed to have it in ACESSORY MODE and uses BLUETOOTH.
2. ADAS - USELESS.. Absolutely USELESS.. Everytime you change lanes, it fires off a loud chime. Everytime a car is in front of you, it CHIMES, etc.
3. G-FORCE - USELESS... Every Bump, pothole, even going down a steep hill sets it off.
4. LACK of an ON/OFF switch. I do not like the fact that there is no way to turn it OFF (when hardwired) without pulling the plug each time (You are bound to wear it out). My car has power to the 12V all the time and it is hardwired to the car
5. The GREY tape they used.. The previous Blackvue used a CLEAR 3M but this grey one makes it SO noticeable!
6. Formatting seems to take too long.. Can take between 3-5 minutes even when the chip is EMPTY

7. SOFTWARE (WINDOWS DESKTOP): Where do I begin? Literally the WORST software I have ever used!!!!!! (I took video's)
a) AUDIO - VERY STATIC SOUNDING.. It's nearly impossible to make out what a person is saying if they are standing outside the car..
and
Audio REPEATS 2-3x each time I listen to the video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXW9kejTERQ Blackboxmycar believes that the software is loading the FRONT and REAR with a SLIGHT delay from each other. When you double click any of the views, it loads both automatically.

b) When you are viewing a video, after you switch to the other camera, the audio at random times tends to SLOW DOWN it's rate while the video remains at regular speed. ALSO, as you are watching the video's and allowing the viewer to continue down the list automatically, the audio changes from slower to faster at random times..

c). I hate they removed the ability to DELETE files from in the player.. Their 2014 software had the ability but was removed. Now you can only copy to disc

d) The LIMITED 1-2X video speed and does not allow audio to be heard when at 2X

e) TINY VIEWING AREA - Why is the viewer screen SO SMALL??? The viewer itself is only around 640 x 360 pixels.. Sure that would probably be ok for a CELL PHONE but the viewer is for a computer which should be no more than the average size which is at LEAST 1600pixels (and even bigger). The only way to view in proper large size is the FULL screen the viewer however you lose the split screen view.

f) Clicking between camera views and files in the listing results in random CRASHES..

g) LACK OF FORMAT FEATURE.. I don't like that you have to do it in the dashcam itself because it takes so long to do. With blackvue you could do the settings in the software and then format right at the desktop..

h) When you 2X, it only does it for the 1 file you are viewing and then it defaults back to 1X which is very annoying.

What I DO like:

1. The fact that you can EASILY remove the cards.. Every dashcam I've had (including the blackvue DR650-2CH) I had to use a small tool to poke out the memory card because you have to push the card inwards farther than the flush opening of the casing which meant you needed to push it with a tool or a long fingernail.. This camera, they have it indented so it's so easily to remove.

2. For me, the quality looks pretty good. A LOT better than the rear camera in the Blackvue DR-650 which is useless at it's 720p.

3. Audio voice is very nice to hear.

4. Mount for the camera (both front and rear) is very sturdy. I had issues with all others (except for blackvue as well) with SHAKING VIDEO.. I run a car that is VERY LOUD, Wide wheels, low to the ground, and feels every bump so it creates a lot of shake in the car. I see no noticeable excess shaking in the video so I am very impressed with that.

5. Audio - While it's quite full of static when the car is OFF and it's quiet... during driving I like the fact that it seems to record the audio TRUE.. Some others camera's I had would muffle the sound.

6. Color - It seems to correctly record the color of my car.. Previous camera's would show it a different tone of color.

But if anyone who has this camera can please tell me if you experience the same issues as I do..

Thanks very much! :)

TIP: If you are looking for an alternative for viewer (works with many if not most all dashcams). This is what I've used for years: http://www.registratorviewer.com/RegistratorViewer/index_en.html Unfortunately the programmer passed away so it likely will never be updated.. There are some flaws but the biggest part I love is that you can view up to 64X speed WITH AUDIO and is FULL SCREEN

That's a lot of complaints! Anyone else got this cam?

From videos I've seen so far it appears to offer the best quality available if you want a 2-channel system with pre-buffered parking mode, even up against the 750 and 800 pro etc. What say you guys?

That's a lot of complaints! Anyone else got this cam?

From videos I've seen so far it appears to offer the best quality available if you want a 2-channel system with pre-buffered parking mode, even up against the 750 and 800 pro etc. What say you guys?

The video quality in my opinion is better than the DR750S, at least until Blackvue modifies their firmware to address the graininess. The parking mode with automatic switching, more customization, and partitioning for motion detection is better than the Blackvue in my opinion as well.

In terms of price point, it's not really comparable to the F800 Pro, when you factor in the hardwire kit and the rear camera the BlackSys is about 25-30% cheaper. F800 Pro is a better camera in many ways but whether it's worth spending that much more is up for debate.
Perhaps a more direct comparison would be with the F770 which is still a little bit more money. Weakest point with the F770 has to be the limited card capacity and small folder size for parking mode (compared to the F800 Pro and CH-200). Video quality-wise it is very similar to the CH-200 but audio is much better on the BlackSys

Back