Hit & run causes car to get stuck under big rig

in many places in the US, unmarked cops aren't allowed to *initiate* routine traffic stops. they can only assist when a marked unit is already making a stop or if there's a pursuit. that way it's not so easy for some joe schmoe to just buy some blue lights off ebay and try to pull people over for whatever purpose they may have.

Cops here are loose cannons and can sort of stop you as they please, with some silly excuses of course like we just need to see if you are drunk.
It is sort of embarrassing if you ask me, but do remember i am the oddball in the bunch over here, Danes in general do seem to like a big brother system, though at least in history ruling kings have screwed us over again and again.

I have just discovered police and other emergency vehicle detectors that can detect them off their constantly running tetra radios, i really liked one of those until i saw the prize for them.
So now i am in standby until some one make what are pretty much simple scanners for pretty specific frequencies.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/292189409090
http://www.targetblueye.co.uk/

Regarding the rear camera missing,,, yeah that is pretty frustrating but i pray the saying about good things come to those that wait will be holding true.
And i sort of have been expecting to be rear ended again.

at every set of red lights I creep up right behind them.

One of my pet hates, people who creep forward at traffic lights. Just drive up to the vehicle in front, Hand brake on, gear in neutral and take your foot off the foot brake. ;)

One of my pet hates, people who creep forward at traffic lights. Just drive up to the vehicle in front, Hand brake on, gear in neutral and take your foot off the foot brake. ;)
typically the ones who creep forward at red lights are driving automatics.

that said, one night in my miata, i got bumped twice by an 18-wheeler who had just been sort of playing with the clutch at a red light. and since his was not a cab-over truck, he actually couldn't even see my car over his hood. his eyes got huge when i got out of the car and since he could see my door (likely looking like it came out of the side of his hood from his viewpoint), suddenly he realized there was an entire car in front of him.

i made him pull over but there was no real damage, which was pretty lucky - only the bottom 1/2 inch of his bumper was touching the top 1/2 inch of mine. had my car been any lower or his truck any higher, he'd have gone right over the bumper and busted my tail lights and probably dented the trunk lid too.

Ah, you misunderstand. It's the approach when I creep up to them, ie I decelerate linearly and by the time I reach them I'm moving really slowly.

I never stay in gear unless it's needed.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Back