New 512GW

J-K

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
BlackVue 750 LTE
I've bought the cam last night and have been playing about with it since then but can't seem to get rid of a glare in bottom right corner of video.

Could it be a faulty unit?

Check lens edge area for dust or any other visual impurity.

Hello @J-K

That appears to me to be part of the camera lens casing and not glare, is it present on every file you record?

I've cleaned it and tried rotating the lense it's still in every video. At Halfords now and it's the same on the unit they were going to give me as replacement as well. He's gone to get another one from the back now let's see what happens

Can you see it on the LCD screen on the camera?

Is it still there if you unscrew the polarising filter completely?

Yes it was on the built in screen as well. I didn't try without the filter didn't try taking it off but have got a replacement now that works perfectly. Also noticed it's slightly bit more responsive as well with touch controls and booting up on ignition. Could there have been a faulty batch?

That doesn't sound right, thank you ever so much for letting us know.

I will get this investigated, this is the first time I've seen this @J-K .

I'm glad you've got a new camera, which store was it?

It was Halfords, Manchester Fort Shopping Park, Cheetham Hill Rd.

Fantastic - I've spoken to Karl (I think that's who helped you) in the store and got some relevant information for us to ensure this is isolated.

Thanks again :)

Yes it was Karl. Glad I've made the right choice going for Nextbase, excellent support from Nextbase as well as retailers

It's back on the new unit. It's fine without the filter can't see any dirt on the filter though

We're investigating the one you took back to Halfords at the moment.

Does it change/move/disappear if you rotate the lens?

It's in the bottom right corner regardless of which way the filter is rotated or the filter housing as I'm unscrewing it.

Back