Dashcams technology not advanced enough

ank88

Reaction score
Country
Afghanistan
Hi,

so I was checking a few dashcams and I noticed they all lack some basic functionality regarding file transfers and connectivity.

to browse files on a dashcam I have to either connect it via usb cable, which is inconvenient, or enable the wifi hotspot option and connect the device to the camera using wifi. This is also inconvenient because I need to disconnect the device from the internet and use a special application provided by the camera manufacturer, which always kind of sucks.

why don't manufacturers use a bluetooth standard for communicating with other devices?

Bluetooth is for low bandwidth applications... it can't handle video transfer at any reasonable speed.

Hi,

so I was checking a few dashcams and I noticed they all lack some basic functionality regarding file transfers and connectivity.

to browse files on a dashcam I have to either connect it via usb cable, which is inconvenient, or enable the wifi hotspot option and connect the device to the camera using wifi. This is also inconvenient because I need to disconnect the device from the internet and use a special application provided by the camera manufacturer, which always kind of sucks.

why don't manufacturers use a bluetooth standard for communicating with other devices?
The files are all in the card and the camera isn't exactly the best card reader, even when connected via USB, so why not view them directly from the card?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Action Camera Discussion 2
Back