Helmet camera nothing to exspensive

simonwwfc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Nextbase 512gw 1440 hd quad
I've had GoPro cameras before incl hero5 and session but due to min use got rid of them , I'm after a helmet cam that will mount on the side just to video small ride outs on my scooter with friends and I can download or use wifi to my iPhone or iPad . I've previously owned also sjcam before paid around £59 we ride for around a few hours so decent batt req

Hi Simon

I have recently purchased Dash cams for my Car and also have an Aprilia 125cc Scooter that I am now considering whether to get a Cam for, or not?
The DOD Hummer Cam is $445 at Dashcams Central ... so a bit expensive, although DOD are a good brand.
I suppose it seems expensive until I have a bingle and the other person is blaming me ... of course, then I'll wish I had invested in one.

Will be interested to see if there are any other cheaper ones that riders have been happy with? I haven't yet had a look around.
Only happened to notice the DOD where I purchased my other 2 Cams.

Last edited:
That DOD camera are not a helmet camera, though everything can be glued to a helmet if you want to.
When it come to decent battery ( 2 hour ) then most fall short of your need

I keep mentioning the Warrior G1s as it have a 6 hour battery time, and that's one hell of a scooter ride, or several with no charging needed in between.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B01IR76C3G

Il have a look and see if I can find the ones I did with my old GoPro

I too often get that, even from sellers over in the UK.
I can only assume they have been screwed over by one of the lowlife punks i have to rub shoulders with every day.

Thank god there are often other sellers that can do that.

I keep mentioning the Warrior G1s as it have a 6 hour battery time, and that's one hell of a scooter ride, or several with no charging needed in between.

Is this model a generic design? I've found it under a few different brands - ABTO and yuntab on amazon uk, as well as XM on aliexpress.
They all seem to offer the same unit and same spec.

It seems to be what I'm looking for to use as a front facing cycling camera, just wondering if any brand was better than another.

It's also a bit weird as the blue model has a 32gb internal card, yet claims to be 2.1megapixel and the yellow model which is cheaper and claims 16gb internal states it's 4megapixel.

Last edited:
Yeah its one of those models just like dashcams where you can buy some and have your own brand etched or silk screened on it.

Yeah the yellow one are the baby brother, i think it have the OV4689 sensor some dashcams also use, but the blue one are the most interesting to me as it have the IMX 291 sensor that do much better in low light.
I first eyed it looking for a camera with good low light / IR light performance, but it do not have a AV out so i can not use it for my project.

Like the build in 18650 battery and i do think they also have a slot for a "external" sd card ??

Back