F800 does not like Lexar 633x 64GB card

don't even worry about the knockoff cards, they've been producing low quality versions themselves for a while already, when costs double yet they maintain pricing there's only one way to do that

If I remember correctly, the 633x used to be labelled as U3, followed with U1 (made in Korea). Now it is made in Taiwan and the Taiwan ones does not work with F800 dash cam. Heck if they keep this up the knockoff cards might be a better quality than the real ones.

I have 3 F800's. Lexar 64GB (633x made in Taiwan ) works fine on 2 of them, but never works on 1 of them.
No idea why.

Yeah you do....... I could theorize and Lexar have discontinued memory chips
No I don't. I was talking about one memory card working fine on 2 F800's but not on the other one.
Not same model of memory card, but one memory card.
Only thing I can guess is not all F800's are as picky when it comes to memory card, for whatever reason

No I don't. I was talking about one memory card working fine on 2 F800's but not on the other one.
Not same model of memory card, but one memory card.
Only thing I can guess is not all F800's are as picky when it comes to memory card, for whatever reason

I suspect that all three cameras will work perfectly fine with Thinkware branded cards

I'm not sure if this could be relevant. But on the Amazon website, under the spec and info for the Thinkware card, the one thing that is listed different from most SD cards is SPOR. A quick search found this:
http://www.citiem.co.kr/contents/aboutus/sudden-power-off-recovery-spor.html?sm=6_3

Maybe the Thinkware units are finicky, as there is a hardware check/ function that the firmware uses, to ensure no data loss. Using capacitors instead of a battery, may require a interaction/ check with the SD card chip controller.

Since there is little complaint from end users, using Thinkware cards, it would make sense there is some form of handshake taking place. Reducing the chance of data loss.

Back