Compatible micro sd card for F770

There's more than likely nothing wrong with the Kingston card so you can probably repurpose that for some other use

There's more than likely nothing wrong with the Kingston card so you can probably repurpose that for some other use
Sure; it's now residing permamently in the SD-card slot of my Mac. I'm just hoping my efforts to source a NON-Thinkware-branded card doesn't turn out to be false-economy.

Non Thinkware cards have proven to be hit and miss, even a model that works in another camera of the same type isn't any sort of guarantee unfortunately

I had a Working transcend 64gb premium 300x class 10 But today it decided to stop working , and i cannot format.

So i went to the store and bought a lexar

Does not Work ....

Memory card error

Based on my experiences the Lexar 633X cards made in Korea seems to work. The ones made in Taiwan does not work.

Last week I ordered the 64gb EVO+ From Best Buy for $27. I formatted it in camera and have only had 1 instance where it restarted the camera. So I took it out of the camera and viewed the footage, reformatted it in the camera again and so far so good. Almost 2 weeks now with no problems. I'll keep ya all posted

I ordered a Samsung Evo+ 128GB card from Amazon and it arrived yesterday. I just put it into my F770 and it started recording with it. I didn't need to initiate a format. It probably formatted it automatically.

That's the experience I had initially with my 64Gb EVO+ card, and I was elated. Soon thereafter, however, my F770 started behaving very strangely: Instead of reporting "Memory Card Error...", it now reboots itself at random, leading ultimately to the message "Regularly format Memory Card for Data Integrity."
Even after formatting the card repeatedly through the Thinkware App, it still reboots itself, to the point where I've now ejected the Samsung card in disgust and replaced it with an old Lexar 32Gb card from my MacBook.

Now whether or not this particular issue is restricted to the EVO+ card lineup, I wouldn't know. Interestingly, Dashcams Australia stock the regular yellow EVO SD-Cards, but not the EVO+ range... Nor do they stock Thinkware either, for that matter.
On the other hand Blackboxmycar's Canadian website does curently recommend the EVO+ card for Thinkware, but whether or not they've conducted any meaningful amount of field-testing for compatibility, is anyone's guess. I'd like to get some feedback on that one.

The bottom line is that I may well need to pay through the nose for Thinkware's own proprietary SD-Card, which peeves me no end.

Last edited:
For all your info, I have this email direct from Chameleon Technical, thinkware, so from the horses mouth.

"Lexar make the memory cards that are branded Thinkware – Be aware not all Lexar cards will work!

Following on from what we read on the dashcamtalk forum about 128gb cards we purchased a Samsung Evo + and a Lexar 633x cards to test and they both worked perfectly at that time (about Feb this year). We now hear that the Samsung Evo + cards no longer work as they have changed internally but still sold as the same card. I haven’t heard anything about the Lexar. This is the big risk with non genuine cards! Thinkware cards also support S.P.O.R (Sudden Power Off Recovery) it’s rare I see that listed with other cards not sure if this could be part of the problem or not?!"

On the strength of this i bought a 128gb evo plus and it kind of worked, it's hit and miss, sometimes it records fine and other times it says memory card error or please inset memory card.

Very annoying :(

Last edited:
same cards, one is retail pack, the other is bulk pack version
I've just bought this card from Amazon. Com instead of .UK and it's cheaper and also not 1 to 3 months delivery!

Anyone know if the genuine Thinkware 128gb card for the f800 would work in the f770?

Anyone know if the genuine Thinkware 128gb card for the f800 would work in the f770?

Don't know but when I asked them this question they said if it doesn't work they will except the return.

Problem is it's quite expensive at £89.99 just for a memory card.

Yeah it's expensive but it's a genuine card.

Hi all,

I desperately need a 128GB storage...

I have been advised and assured by (http://www.car-dvr.co.uk/) that the ORANGE colour Samsung EVO 128GB [MB-MP128DA/EU] will work for F770.

Can anyone confirm for sure that this will work without any issue?

This memory card is very hard to source as this has come to end if life with Samsung. But there are few on eBay/Amazon selling them claiming to be original. Just need fish out the fakes:confused:

Appreciate some feedback(y)

I've just had a Transcend 400x delivered today. Popped it in, formatted it and so far no issues. Only been a few hours so will report back.

I've just had a Transcend 400x delivered today. Popped it in, formatted it and so far no issues. Only been a few hours so will report back.

Keep us updated on this please.

Also do you have link where you got yours from?

Ordered from Amazon.com someone in the previous posts had a link.

Back